Left Saline is Fuller on Top After 11 Weeks Post Op, Should I Be Concerned?

I had breast augmentation June 21st. It will be 3 months in 10 days. I had under muscle mentor saline moderate. 525 cc on each breast. However, lefty looks slightly fuller on top and also feels harder. Would it ever drop and be similar to righty? I am massaging every day/ several times a day. It's changing a bit, but not enough to match the other one. I'm scared as I do not want to hear, I need a revision. It's not extremely noticeable, but it does bother me a lot. any advice appreciated!

Asymmetry after Breast Surgery

+1

Based on your description, it doesn't sound like you should be concerned at this time.

It is still early in the recovery process and since the massage is helping, please continue to massage the left breast as often as possible.  I have seen changes with implants "settling" up to 1 year post op (with massage).

Keep your follow up with your surgeon so that he/she can monitor your progress and rule out capsular contracture.

Best Wishes.

Unhappy about breast asymmetry 3 months after breast augmentation

+1

Without photographs, any recommendationsmay be conjecture. In addition, several answers to questions can better help you obtain an answer to your question. For example: Were you asymmetric beforehand? Approximately what cup size are you now? Are you fairly broad across the chest?

Most women have asymmetries of their breasts prior to surgery, some quite significant and often are unaware of them. These can translate into magnified differences after surgery.

As regards you implant size, if not an ideal configuration implant was selected based on your body's shape, then noticeable differences in outcome between sides can be seen.

At 3 months, you still will see changes in appearance that may continue for several more months or more. You can also contact your physician and discuss your concerns.

Steven Turkeltaub, MD

Breast augmentation

+1

Slight asymmetry is normal. One breast may in fact feel a bit firmer than the other.  If it is improving still after three monhs, then I would just observe it for now.

Asymmetry of breasts at three months

+1

Three months is usually too early to make a final comment on symmetry after breast augmentation, however it is unlikely for there to be significant changes at this point.  The fact that you feel that the higher side is somewhat harder than the other side may indicate that you are developing a capsular contracture.  You should evaluate your preoperative photographs, as well, to see if you had similar asymmetry prior to surgery.

Be sure to follow-up with your surgeon and discuss your concerns with him/her.  Good luck.

Eric T. Emerson, MD, FACS
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetri Saline Implants

+1

At 3 months from your surgery, there will be changes, but they will likely be subtle and gradual.  If there is significant asymmetry (that wasn't there before surgery - check your photographs) then it is possible you would need a revision. Massage will no make much of a difference as most of the collage is formed by this date. Stay in touch with your surgeon and look at photographs to make a definitive determination.

Best of luck

Vincent Marin, MD

Vincent P. Marin, MD

Assymetry 3 months after breast augmentation

+1
Hello, If you are continuing to see improvement with time and with your massage regimen I would continue to wait as the difference between your left and right breast that you describe does not seem significant. Photos would be very helpful in providing more accurate advice but if you are still seeing some improvement at 3 months there is good reason to wait longer. Once you are not seeing any more improvement or change then you can make an educated decision on the need for a revision. All the best Dr Repta

Remus Repta, MD