Left Nostril Not Fully Healed? (photo)

Hi guys, I'm 24 days post op after having an open rhino with alar base reduction . So far I'm pleased with the results but my left nostril appears to be not fully connected to the skin as it appears there is a small gap. She. I told the nurse about this after having the stitches removed she didn't notice it but I can. Could this affect the end result or leave a bad scar? Or am I just worrying too much? Thank you for taking your time to look at this. Kind regards Tim UK

Alar base incision

+1

Thank you for the photo.  It looks like that area does not have a large gap.  It should heal without major issues.  It may take some time for noticeable healing to be seen.  It is OK to communicate your concern with your surgeon.  Please remember to be patient as well...

Rhinoplasty and Alar Base Reduction

+1

Alar base reduction usually involves an incision at the junction of the ala of your nose with the cheek.  That incision will continue to evolve and heal over the next year to 18 months.  I advise being patient and allow it to heal.  The photos don’t demonstrate a very noticeable gap.  At your next follow up appointment, review long term incision care.  Some surgeons recommend extended use of facial moisturizer use with sun precautions with to optimize long term healing. 
Michael J. Lipan M.D.  Facial Plastic Surgery of Palm Beach Gardens and West Palm Beach, Florida.

Michael Lipan, MD
Palm Beach Gardens Facial Plastic Surgeon

Looks normal

+1

Hello. At 24 days you are nowhere close to your final results and for a full year after your procedure your cosmetic appearance will continue to improve. I can not see any kind of separation judging by your picture and everything seems normal. Just try to be patient as these trouble areas will improve.

Jaime Perez, MD
Rhinoplasty Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Jaime Perez, MD