Left nostril appears noticeably lower & larger (photo)

It is 17 days post op (deviated septum fixed, turbinate reduction & dorsal hump was shaved down). Most of my swelling has subsided and I can see an improvement in my profile already...however, it seems so obvious to me that my left nostril is considerably lower and a little larger than the right one, giving the illusion that my nose is crooked. Is this normal? My next post op appt. Isn't for 18 days & I'm worried!

Nostril Asymetry

+2
With the procedures you have described, the nostril size, position, relative height, etc…. shouldn't change.  Some of the asymmetry might have been there before the surgery.  Also remember that it can take many months for the swelling to completely subside, so be patient.  From my very incomplete view of the photo, it looks nice and I think you will ultimately be very happy with your results.

Salt Lake City Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nostril Asymmetry Post Op Rhinoplasty

+2
After only 17 days, there is still swelling in your nose. You will continue to experience changes in your nose for as long as one year. Consult and trust your surgeon. Be patient.

Best wishes

George C. Peck, Jr, MD
West Orange Plastic Surgeon

17 Days Post operative is to early to determine results

+2
Dear Tammym, It is to early to determine any small asymmetries at this time as the swelling will dissipate daily and changes will be seen daily. Wait at least three months for the majority of the swelling to dissipate and then discuss any concerns with your surgeon. It takes a full year for all of the swelling to go down so time is on your side, be patient and see your doctor frequently for reassurance. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

Swelling after Rhinoplasty

+2

Minor postoperative asymmetries often resolve within the first month or so. This is the reason for one month follow ups. Good Luck!

Roy A. David, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Left nostril appears noticeably lower & larger

+2
It is still too early to make a determination about the final result.

The nose can be swollen for up to a year or more. Swelling will depend upon the nature of maneuvers employed, presence of grafts or implants, thickness of skin, open vs closed, revision vs primary, etc.

+1

Need to compare before and afters to tell you you already had a very very very minor difference... ///