Left Neck Swollen and Chin is Swollen Four Weeks After Face Lift Surgery? (photo)

I think I got hematoma on my neck which affects chin swelling. My doctor asks me to wait for another 2-3 weeks when I asked about it early this month. He did not clarify what it is while telling me this is a part of healing process. I am worried. Many thoughts comes and goes including what if there is something going on inside of my neck? Infection? What abut my vein or .... I am attaching the pictures taken just before which looks bigger and haviewr than those of before surgery.

Left Neck Swollen and Chin is Swollen Four Weeks After Face Lift Surgery?

+2

You do not appear to have a hematoma though you would need an in-person consultation to know for sure. It is also difficult to provide accurate advice without seeing your right side or reviewing photos from before your surgical procedure. I would recommend follow-up with your plastic surgeon. They will be able to advise you how best to proceed. If you have lost trust in your surgeon, you can seek a second opinion for more options or reassurance. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Web reference: http://weberfacialplasticsurgery.com/facelift-necklift/

Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Neck swelling after face lift

+2

Although your photographs are not a substitute for physical examination, you appear to have a postoperative hematoma.  It is possible that your surgeon is waiting for the hematoma to liquify so they can aspirate it or see if the body won't resolve it on its own.  Alternatively, if it persists or gets larger, you may need to have the neck re-explored to evacuate the hematoma.  You should discuss your concerns with your surgeon.  If your not satisfied, then you may obtain a second opinion from a board certified plastic surgeon.

Tucson Plastic Surgeon

Swelling after facelift

+2

Although a photo is not a direct exam you do not appear to have a hematoma.I would follow your surgeon's advice.

Fort Lauderdale Facial Plastic Surgeon

Swelling after facelift

+2
The swelling after a facelift is usually gone by three weeks, though the stiffness will persist longer, and you might notice some lumps from sutures. If there is fluid collection, aspiration in the office followed by ultrasound will speed the resolution, so have your surgeon take a look.

Web reference: http://www.peterejohnsonmd.com/facelift

Neck Swelling and Facelift

+2

I believe your neck has swelling.  The result looks good.  You may need a compressive garment to help with the contour.  Revisit with your PS.  

Dr. ES

Neck Swelling 4 Weeks after Facelift

+1

Neck swelling after face and neck lift at 4 weeks is not uncommon.  A seroma or hematoma should be drained.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/Face-and-Neck-Lift.php