I'm Left with a Lump on my Left Cheek from Having Radiesse Today Will It Go or Was It Overcorrected?

Lump on Cheek After Radiesse

+2

Since you just had Radiesse in your cheeks today, it is difficult to assess whether or not the lump is due to swelling or the product itself.  Gentle massage will help if it is due to the Radiesse.  Please give it time though.  Swelling and lumps are quite common immediately after this procedure.  If it persists, please return to your injector to be evaluated.

Beverly Hills Dermatologist

+1

A lump on the cheek following Radiesse injection could be bruising, swelling, or filler.  You will have to be patient for swelling to resolve before assessing this.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Radiesse Bump

+1

It is more than likely swelling from the injection you had today.  Ice area for the first 24 to 48 hours to help decrease any excess swelling.

Follow up with your injector in one week if you are still feeling a noticeable lump.

Hope this helps.

Dr. Grant Stevens        Marina PlasticSurgery Associates          Marina del Rey, CA         The Institute

Grant Stevens, MD

+1

If the Radiesse was not massaged and shaped into the proper aesdthetic shape immediately after the cheeks were injected, this maybe a clump of the Radiesse itself.  I always shape and mold the Radiesse.  Once that's done, any lumps that show up are due to swelling alone.  Hope this helps.

Lump after Radiesse

+1

With your treatment being done today, it is too early to determine if this is from the product or from swelling. I would wait a couple of days and then assess the area again. For now, you can massage the area and apply ice. If you do not see a difference after a couple of days then contact your doctor who performed the injections.

Leo Lapuerta, MD