Will I Be Left with Loose Skin Again?

I had a full tt 10 months ago, now I would like to lose about 20 pounds,but am wondering if that will make my stomach flabby again or will workout while dieting prevent my flabby skin

Loosing 20 pounds after tummy tuck

+2

It is very unlikely that a 20 pound weight loss will cause you to develop loose skin especially if you have already had a tummy tuck.  If you feel like you want to lose that weight for health or cosmetic reasons, I would not hesitate.

Will I Be Left with Loose Skin Again?

+2

Go for it. Twenty pounds will not likely make much of an impact on skin tightness in the abdomen. If it does, the decreased girth will probably be more beneficial in appearance than a bit of skin excess is bad. 

At the worst, if you lose the weight and decide that it looks bad, you will probably find it not to difficult to gain it back.

All the best. 

What Will Happen To My Skin Post TT If I Lose Weight?

+1

A 15-20lb. weight loss shouldn't cause you to have excess skin when you just went through an Abdominioplasty.  The weight loss will be distributed throughout your entire body, not just around your abdomen.  Living a healthy lifestyle can only benefit your life so enjoy your results!

Andrew Smith, MD, FACS
Irvine Plastic Surgeon

Weight loss after tummy tuck

+1

Thanks for your inquiry, if you are loosing weight in the process of being fitter and healthy I would never discourage someone.  In terms of the effect on your tummy tuck it really depends on how stretchy your skin is and what your starting weight is now.  If you had a muscle repair, that should not change with weight loss.

Vishnu Rumalla, MD