Left Implant Sagging? One Week After BA (photo)

I had my surgery a week ago.. two days after I had to go back in and have the right side cleaned out because of blood clotting. The surgeon wrapped me in an ace bandage after the second procedure. The bra (provided by them) was a little snug so I was kind of hanging out of the bottom on the left side. I'm not sure exactly what happened or if it was because of the bra and the bandage pushing them down but several days later I noticed sagging or swelling on the left bottom side. Will it go away?

Double bubble

+1

The left breast appears to have a double bubble. This typically occurs when the patient has breast ptosis preoperatively and the implant is placed in the subpectoral plane with inadequate release of the inframammary breast tissue at the fold. It is too early to consider a revision. This appearance may improve with time. Wear a support bra and discuss this further with your physician.

Double bubble

+1
The photos show a double buble in the left breast which will require revisional surgery. I would not attribute this to the bandage or th bra but to the degree of dissection used to place the implant, which is too large for your frame, into your chest. Only time will tell how the final result will look to be realistic, I think you will need revision.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Left breast implant sagging?

+1

The left implant appears to be lower than the right, and may be insinuating itself between superficial and deep fascia in response to gravity, over-dissection of the lower pole to drop your native inframammary crease, and/or the elastic bandage compressing the upper portion of the left implant excessively.  Might there also be a hematoma contributing?

Assuming no hematoma, either a tight underwire bra with a thick bandage above the left wire or a long shoelace looped behind your neck and beneath the left breast inframammary crease for a couple of weeks or longer may help lift the left inframammary crease and implant. 

If these measures fail and the asymmetry persists, surgical revision may eventually be indicated.

Steve Laverson, MD

You have double bobble

+1

Your implants are too bug for your frame and your surgeon tried to lower the inframmary fold to make room for implants. The extra fold is from over dissection. You may have bold around your left implant and needs evaluation. (the bruising on your left side is from left breast blood cloth and if not removed ,you will get capsular contracture)

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Double bubble

+1

It looks like you are developing a double bubble.  You should talk to your surgeon about what to do. Sometimes a tight bra under the fold helps , but you may need a revision.

Y Is Left Implant Sagging? One Wk After B Aug?Answr:

+1

I would try to tape the bottom of the breast and live in an underwire bra 24/7 to try and get that fold to stick back up.....but it may not....with the size you are it is really hard to get that implant to go back uphill....but it is worth a try!!!

John J. Corey, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Left implant sagging

+1

It looks like you have developed a "double bubble deformity" on your left breast from the surgery itself.  This will probably require more surgery to fix.  You should discuss this with your plastic surgeon the next time you go in for follow up.

Tiffany McCormack, MD
Reno Plastic Surgeon

Left breast overdissection

+1

The left breast implant appears to be overdissected and the inframammary fold violated. Even though it has only been a few weeks since your surgery, I very much doubt that this will significantly improve with just time. I also do not think that taping techniques will be of much benefit. My opinion is that the left breast will need some type of revision procedure that restores the integrity of the inframammary fold. I would talk with your surgeon about this.

William T. Stoeckel, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Left Implant Sagging? One Week After BA

+1

Thanks for the posted photos. The right had a postop hematoma that needed emergency surgery. The left is falling into either an over dissected pocket or might have residual blood causing the inferior displacement. Or both. Best to be re examined and discuss need for further operative intervention or left inferior tape.Follow up to your results would be nice. 

Breast asymmetry

+1

It sounds like you experienced a hematoma on your right side that required a washout.   It is likely that your right breast will have more swelling than your left.  Its only been 2 weeks since your surgery so you are likely still swollen.   Ask your surgeon if it is OK to start massaging your right breast to help the swelling resolve and help your right breast "drop" to match the left. Please give more time to let your final results manifest.  Best of luck.

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS