Left Implant Not Dropped, PS Wants To Fix, Will Revision Be Easier?

Hello, I has 300cc saline unders o/f to 325R and 350L placed May 2013. 5mths now and my left has not dropped like my right. I'm sorry I don't have a before picture to share. My revision is scheduled in Nov. (6mths out). Is there any chance it still drop on its own? My PS says this revision will be easy and I will recover much faster since he is just lowering the pocket, is this true? What exactly will he be doing to get it to drop? Will this surgery have any negative affect on my implant?

Breast Implant Revision To Lower Implant Should Be Easier

+3

Thank you for your question. At 5 months after breast augmentation in most cases the implants have dropped to their final location. If your plastic surgeon feels that the implant will not drop further then personally I would follow his or her advice.

The procedure to lower the implant is fairly straightforward and much simpler than your initial breast augmentation. Your incision will be opened and the surgeon will simply incise or open the capsule which is formed around your implant and dissect the bottom of the pocket to a lower position to match the opposite side.

In my experience this procedure does not cause a lot of discomfort and does not require the same recovery that you went through during your initial breast augmentation. Most patients tolerated it very well.

High riding breast implants

+2
High riding breast implants can be caused by either early capsuler contracture or inadequate pocket development. Generally with good massage technique most of these discrepancies can be overcome with time. That being said, if your plastic surgeon thinks that the implant are not moving appropriately a surgical intervention of lowering the crease or doing a capsulectomy will surely help the problem. The surgery is straightforward and there is little to no risk to your implant. Hope this helps, Ritu Chopra MD

Ritu Chopra, MD