Left Implant is Higher than Right 15 Days Post-op

i had BA 15 days ago. My right side looks great but the left is still sitting high up ion my chest..I am 34yr 120 lbs small 34b I did under muscle saline moderate profile. will the left one drop like the right has? I am right handed and used that side more then left is that why the left is still higher?

Breast Implant Asymmetry

+3

At 2 weeks post op a little asymmetry is common. If there are significant differences, your surgeon may suggest that you do some implant displacement exercises or implant massage to help speed up the drop or the higher implant. Give it a few months to completely heal. There are also compression bands that can be worn to help encourage implant drop.

Good luck!

Columbus Plastic Surgeon

At Two Weeks, It's Still Early

+2

Asymmetry noticed at two weeks post-op is a concern, but it's still early enough to reasonably expect this to improve as healing progresses.

Definitely discuss your concerns with your surgeon to see if any intervention is needed, or if it is simply a normal part of the early healing.

Paul C. Zwiebel, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Assymetry after breast augmentation

+2

After 2 weeks your implants may very well not appear to be at the same height.  It is not uncommon for the implants to descend at a different rate.  Massage of the breasts will help.  Another means of assisting descent of the implants is to wear an elastic velcro band around your upper torso.  I think it is way too early to consider this a final result.

All the best

Talmage J. Raine, MD

Asymmetrically positioned implants after breast augmentation

+2

Hello and thank you for the question.

Without seeing a recent photograph it is difficult to make a judgement on what your are describing. I can safely say that, at two weeks you are very early in the recovery process and the breasts will settle for several more weeks. Early asymmetries are fairly common. If your pre-operative breasts were symmetric I would feel confident that the the breasts will settle with time and achieve greater symmetry, assuming the surgeon was skilled and experienced in augmentation mammoplasties.

Glenn Vallecillos, M.D., F.A.C.S.

Glenn Vallecillos, MD

Asymmetry after breast augmentation

+1

It is not uncommon for there to be some asymmetry after breast augmentation.  When it is due to one implant sitting a little higher than the other, I like to have patients firmly wrap themselves with an Ace wrap under the breast that has the lower implant and above the implant that is sitting too high.  I have had several patients do this with remarkable success.

James McMahan, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Breast implant asymmetry

+1

Some  degree of breast asymmetry  is to be expected after breast augmentation surgery,  especially on the 15th post op day. Sometimes implants may take several months and up to a year to “drop”.  I have found this to be especially true when work has been done on the lower pole of the breasts and/or when larger breast implants are used.

I would suggest continued patient,  nonaccusatory follow-up with your plastic surgeon.

One implant too high after surgery

+1

It is not uncommon to have one implant higher than the other in the early stages of healing. Generally speaking the implants will settle within the first 2-3 weeks after surgery. Since you are only about a week after your surgery I would recommend that you wait a little before becoming concerned. If you find that the implant is too high after three weeks it may be something that will require a revision. I would not recommend a revision, however, until at least three months after the original surgery. The old, "It will settle..." belief is not true after enough time has gone by.

I hope this info helps!

Adam Rubinstein, MD

Implant position after augmentation.

+1

The position of your left implant in comparison to your right is not uncommon. At 15 days, it is too early to judge final position. Most women have some asymmetry between their breasts and this can account for some asymmetry following augmentation. As the breasts accommodate to the increase in size and weight, the implants do tend to lower a bit on the chest wall. Your surgeon will give you postoperative instructions for massage, bandeau, etc. to help hasten this process. At this time, I recommend following the postoperative instructions carefully and giving yourself more time to heal.

David Bogue, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Two weeks post augmentation

+1

At two weeks you are way to early to see the final results.  You have to give the implants 3-4 months to settle.

Asymmetric Breast Implants Two Weeks After Surgery

+1

At only 2 weeks after surgery you are still in the very early phase of healing. Implants take time to settle down, sometimes up to a couple of months. Also, sometimes one implant settles down faster than the other. I would not be overly concerned at 2 weeks. Continue to follow your plastic surgeon's instructions and if this continues to be a concern, make sure you discuss it with your surgeon.

Hope that helps and good luck!

Dr. Babak Dadvand

Babak Dadvand, MD