Left eye Ptosis or still swollen? (photo)

Hi, i am so worry about my left eye. Already 5weeks after my eyelid surgery. Do you think the left eye is swollen or ptosis? The left eye scar look really weird. On the first day of my eyelid surgery, my left eye is much more bruise and black, will this affect and make the eye swollen for longer time? Really thanks for help. Because I am really upset and worry.

It looks like you are having a reaction to your buried sutures.

+1

You have small lumps along the lid, which may correspond to a spot where you have a buried stitch. Some people can develop a small area of inflammation or infection around the sutures, and may need some antibiotics if they appear infected. Once those improve you will have a better looking scar. However, your left upper lid is a little lower. As the inflammation resolves you might get a small amount of elevation, but may need to do a revision at 6 months if it hasn't come up.

Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon

Left eye Ptosis or still swollen?

+1

Best to allow a few more weeks of healing. Or seek IN PERSON examination from eye doctor to measure ROM of lid.

Revisional ptosis surgery possible

+1

There is some swelling present but the left side is also more droopy. It may improve over the next 2 months so best to be patient and reassess at that time. Additional ptosis surgery is sometimes needed.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon