Left Breast Saline Implant Refuses to Budge After Lift and Implants? (photo)

Six- weeks post op and right breast is settling while left breast seems to be STUBBORN! I have strong pectoral muscles and feel this is not helping. I am right handed, so why is left side so tense? Doing constant massage and trying to relax, but implant is pushed up too far. Please let me know if they will ever be the same level!

Implants not dropping

+1

This is not umcommon.I would wear a strap and fold a washcloth over the one you want to drop ansd wear it at night when you sleep till it drops.Also massage daily.

Web reference: http://beautybybrueck.com

Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Implant Asymmetry after Augmentation and Lift

+1

This is an anticipated early result given the asymmetry you had preop.  Continue the massage and the strap and give it 6 months.  Then inferior capsulotomy if necessary.  

Assymetry fo breasts after augmentation

+1

Sometimes one implant will not descend to the extent of the other one.  First I recommend vigorous massage in conjunction with a velcro strap.  I this does not work then an inferior capsulotomy will be required.  This is a relatively minor surgical procedure, as much as any surgery can be called minor.

Talmage Raine MD FACS

drraine.com

Breast asymmetry and healing from an augmentation mastopexy.

+1

My first impression after seeing your photos was that you had mixed up your right and left. From just the photos, the left implant is in great position while the right is elevated. However, it is common to have two different healing paths in cases involving breast asymmetry. The lift on the right breast likely required more movement of the nipple and tightening of the breast envelope. This often leads to a longer time period before the breast relaxes and the implant appears to "drop." Time is your friend in these situations as it can take 3-6 months before things even out.

Web reference: http://www.drbogue.com

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetry after breast surgery

+1

You had some asymmetry before surgery and you have some now. It is still quite early in the healing process so there is still considerable swelling--which can also be asymmetric. So it is far too early to make any decisions. I suspect that the difference will decrease with time, but if it does not decrease enough, there are ways to revise your result. So let your plastic surgeon know about your concerns so he or she can continue to evaluate you. Difficult though it is, patience is necessary now. Good luck to you.

Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

+1

The easy response is NO they will not even put. But very early in postoperative healing phase. So more time and than consider a re donut lift of the right to even out with the left. 

Early asymmetry issues following breast augmentation / mastopexy

+1

You had some degree of asymmetry prior to your breast lift / augmentation.  It is not unusual to have some degree of early asymmetry.  Continue to massage the implants as instructed and more than likely the right implant will drop into proper position.  If it does not then an inferior pole capsule release may be necessary but it is too early to tell.  Remember the the breasts are sisters they are not twins and they will behave differently following the procedure but it the surgery was properly performed and planned, as it appears it was, you should get a nice final result.  Your plastic surgeon is in the best position to know and understand your concerns and early asymmetry issues.  

Left implant high at six weeks.

+1

The first postop photo is quite dark and hard to see, but it appears to me that there has been progress between this one week photo and the six week photo. It appears to the be right implant that is high unless this is a photo in a mirror.

It can take three to six months for the implants to settle. Continue massage and any other regimens suggested by your surgeon. 

Patience. Thanks, and best wishes. 

Implant still high

+1

At six weeks you are still early in the healing process.  I would give it more time to settle. Usually I wait about 4-6 months. If it still does not come down, then I will revise it.