Left Breast Pain

I had breast augmentation 2 months ago. Just the other day I had tripped and fallen down but my left wrist took most of my weight. However after the fact my left breast hurts when I breathe. I have felt all around it. Nothing seems abnormal. There is no lumps or any kind of dicomefort, but the pain is slightly above and behind the breast tissue it seems. I dont know if it has anything to do with the implant itself or if it has to do with the muscle. There is no swelling of anysort either.

See your surgeon

+1
I recommend you see your surgeon just in case for an examination. While nothing may have been injured, it's better to have it checked out. All the best.

Breast Surgery

+1
It is extremely hard to make accurate diagnosis as well as giving crucial decision making clinical decision without an in person physical examination along with a length discussion, please see your local board certified plastic surgeon in your area. If you dont have a surgeon you can look at the american society of aesthetic plastic surgery website and search by zip code or postal code. I wish you the best success!

Ryan Neinstein, MD, FRCSC

Pain in the breast after a Fall

+1

Hematoma(bleeding in the space) is certainly not likely. With your arm and wrist absorbing most of the falls energy its probably musculoskeletal. I agree with others that an exam is a simple thing to put your mind at ease and most certainly you should be on some form of anti inflammatory such as Ibuprofen or Naprosyn. These can be purchased over the counter.

Charles Virden, MD
Reno Plastic Surgeon

Breast pain after a fall

+1

This pain shoukld subside in a wek or two if not maybe get soem xrays.You may have pulled or torn a muscle or even cracked a rib.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Breast pain following a fall.

+1

A fall on an outstretched hand can cause all sorts of pain from the hand all the way to the chest. It is important to see your plastic surgeon to evaluate the breast. It is unlikely to have impacted the implant in a detrimental way, however, muscle strain, a broken rib, or referred pain from the shoulder is common. The best course of therapy is to be seen and examined by a physician.

David Bogue, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Left Breast Pain

+1

Take no chances, see your surgeon ASAP, obtain a chest X-ray for possible broken rib, use ice compression, stop any use of the left arm or left sided exercises, start pain therapy. Be careful please. 

2 month after augmentation, fall, and now pain

+1

Sorry about your fall.  I would recommend that you go talk with your physician and get him/ her to exmaine you.  Since you do not note any bruising or change in you breast, I would doubt that you hurt anything.  New breast implants are very resilient. .   I am a bit concerened about the pain with breathing.  You might have broken a rib. 

talk with your doctor.  get an exam....   

Gordon Lewis, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon