Left Breast Has Pain, Swelling and Redness on Left Side. 5 Month Post-op

I also have experience headache, vomittiing, and generally I am weak. I'm not sure if that is related however very concerned why breast is suddenly in pain, red and swollen

Pain Swelling and redness in breast 5 months after surgery

+3

It sounds as if you have an infection.  You should contact your plastic surgeon immediately. 

Short Hills Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implant Infection?

+2

Your description is very concerning that is most consistent with an infectious fluid collection possibly involving the breast implant. Immediate evaluation by your plastic surgery is indicated.

Breast augmentation

+2

As mentioned below the swelling and redness could be an infection and it is important to get evaluated asap to rule this out.

David E. Kim, MD

Breast augmentation

+2

This soulnd like a problem that you need to address with your surgeon urgently. This could represent an infection. You should contact your surgeon immediately.

David L. Abramson, MD

Red, swollen breast

+2

Sounds like an infection.  An implant is a foreign body, and while remote infections are rare, they can happen.  Call your doctor immediately.  It sounds like you need to be evaluated, and may need to have some tests performed.  If you cannot reach your doctor, go to the emergency room! 

B. Aviva Preminger, MD

Possible infection

+2

You cannot wait on this and need to be seen ASAP!  You may have an infection and this can turn very serious actually even more serious if not taken care of .  Don't delay!!

Edward J. Bednar, MD
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Left breast pain

+2

It sounds like you have an infection and you should either see your surgeon immediately or go to the nearest hospital to be evaluated.  Good luck!

Pain, swelling, and redness in one breast 5 months post-op likely means infection!

+2

You need to see your plastic surgeon immediately. Do not call for the next appointment; this is urgent if not an emergency. Otherwise, go to the emergency room and have this evaluated today! You have an infection until proven otherwise. Oral antibiotics will not suffice, and you may need drainage of the infection and removal of your implant (s).

Please do not delay; this is treatable, but only if you get proper care tonight, not tomorrow! Good luck!

Richard H. Tholen, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Sounds like an infection

+2

You don't say what surgery you had done, but I will assume it had to do with your breast.  What you describe sounds like an infection and can turn serious. It is critical that you been seen at once.  If you have an implant in place it may have to be removed so the infection can be eradicated.  Don't let your condition escalate.  Get seen immediately preferably by your plastic surgeon, but if he/she is not available go to an urgent care facility or your primary care physician.

Lori H. Saltz, MD

Breast Implants - Possible Infection

+2

Dear nov2010 in San Diego, CA,

You absolutely have to call your plastic surgeon right away.  I'm concerned that you may have an infection and, if so, it needs to be addressed immediately.

It could be something else...but you can't take that chance.  Call your PS as soon as you can find his or her number.

Dr. E

Alan M. Engler, MD, FACS