Left Breast Has Pain, Swelling and Redness on Left Side. 5 Month Post-op

I also have experience headache, vomittiing, and generally I am weak. I'm not sure if that is related however very concerned why breast is suddenly in pain, red and swollen

Pain Swelling and redness in breast 5 months after surgery

It sounds as if you have an infection.  You should contact your plastic surgeon immediately. 

Short Hills Plastic Surgeon

636 Morris Turnpike
Short Hills, NJ 07078

Breast Implant Infection?

Your description is very concerning that is most consistent with an infectious fluid collection possibly involving the breast implant. Immediate evaluation by your plastic surgery is indicated.

8851 Center Drive
San Diego, CA 91942

Breast augmentation

As mentioned below the swelling and redness could be an infection and it is important to get evaluated asap to rule this out.

David E. Kim, MD

436 N. Bedford Drive
Beverly Hills, CA 90210

Breast augmentation

This soulnd like a problem that you need to address with your surgeon urgently. This could represent an infection. You should contact your surgeon immediately.

David L. Abramson, MD

42A E. 74th Street
New York, NY 10021

Red, swollen breast

Sounds like an infection.  An implant is a foreign body, and while remote infections are rare, they can happen.  Call your doctor immediately.  It sounds like you need to be evaluated, and may need to have some tests performed.  If you cannot reach your doctor, go to the emergency room! 

B. Aviva Preminger, MD

969 Park Avenue
New York, NY 10028

Possible infection

You cannot wait on this and need to be seen ASAP!  You may have an infection and this can turn very serious actually even more serious if not taken care of .  Don't delay!!

Edward J. Bednar, MD
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

439 N. Wendover Rd.
Charlotte, NC 28211

Left breast pain

It sounds like you have an infection and you should either see your surgeon immediately or go to the nearest hospital to be evaluated.  Good luck!

1049 Fifth Ave
New York, NY 10028

Pain, swelling, and redness in one breast 5 months post-op likely means infection!

You need to see your plastic surgeon immediately. Do not call for the next appointment; this is urgent if not an emergency. Otherwise, go to the emergency room and have this evaluated today! You have an infection until proven otherwise. Oral antibiotics will not suffice, and you may need drainage of the infection and removal of your implant (s).

Please do not delay; this is treatable, but only if you get proper care tonight, not tomorrow! Good luck!

Richard H. Tholen, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

4825 Olson Memorial Highway
Minneapolis, MN 55422

Sounds like an infection

You don't say what surgery you had done, but I will assume it had to do with your breast.  What you describe sounds like an infection and can turn serious. It is critical that you been seen at once.  If you have an implant in place it may have to be removed so the infection can be eradicated.  Don't let your condition escalate.  Get seen immediately preferably by your plastic surgeon, but if he/she is not available go to an urgent care facility or your primary care physician.

Lori H. Saltz, MD

La Jolla Cosmetic Surgery Centre 9850 Genesee Ave
La Jolla, CA 92037

Breast Implants - Possible Infection

Dear nov2010 in San Diego, CA,

You absolutely have to call your plastic surgeon right away.  I'm concerned that you may have an infection and, if so, it needs to be addressed immediately.

It could be something else...but you can't take that chance.  Call your PS as soon as you can find his or her number.

Dr. E

Alan M. Engler, MD, FACS

122 East 64th Street
New York, NY 10065