Left Breast Not Healing After Surgery? (photo)

I and 28 went from a 42G to a 38C (had back, breathing problems and unable to sleep) I had breask reduction surgery 3 weeks ago at first I was healing fine now I look like this ( this started into week 2). Is this normal? I am not in any pain and I am using the cream I was given daily. What is causing this and is it normal or is there something wrong here? The right breast seems to be healing fine. Please help.....

Left breast not healing

+1

You had some areola necrosis from damage to the blood supply to this area.  It should heal by itself, but the final color may be different.

Kahului Plastic Surgeon

Slow Healing

+1

You had a large breast reduction.  You have some poor healing which is not UN common.  This will heal well but may have a skin pigment issue which may last awhile.  This occurs commonly with darker skinned patients.  Your ps will guide you.

Web reference: http://www.sanfranciscocosmetic-surgery.com/

Hello

+1

From your pictures it looks like you have lost circulation of your arela that caused your skin to (slough) die. Your breast will heal make sure you listen to your surgeon and follow the instructions step by step. You can do a scar revision later if needed.

Slow Healing After Your Reduction Mammoplasty

+1

Have reviewed your photo and it appears that you have lost a portion of your areola from the 12 to 6 o'clock position.  This is not common but does happen and in a matter of a few days to two weeks this will heal in and not leave much of a scar.  The causes are a poor blood supply to the areolar with one of the more common reasons being a history of smoking or a low grade infection after the procedure.  You are on the right course; be patient this will heal. 

Eau Claire Plastic Surgeon