18 Months Post BA My Left Breast is Feeling Tighter When I Lay on my Stomach And My Arm Is Swelling. Causes?

my left breast feeling tighter and more full 18 months post saline implants, my arm is swelling and I had a nodule appear under my arm, when it disappeared my left arm and breast started feeling tight.

Tight feeling after breast implant

+1

The tight feeling in the breast may be caused by capsular contracture but that generally doesn't cause arm swelling unless you maybe had your implants placed through the armpit. The fact that you had a nodule under your arm should probably be worked up by your primary doctor even if it went away. A possible cause may be an infection which then seeded your implant and caused the capsule to get worse, and caused a lymph node to enlarge and then go away, but it could also be something else and should definitely be worked up. 

Firm left breast, nodule in axilla and arm swelling

+1

Given that your left breast is feeling tighter (harder), you may be developing capsular contracture which is the forming of thick scar tissue around the implant. You should contact your plastic surgeon for an evaluation.

Regarding the lymph node and arm swelling, it would be best to see your primary care doctor about this. Such issues may turn out to be nothing at all but this could only be determined by an examination.

Steven Turkeltaub, MD

Tight breast after augmentation

+1

If your only complaint was a tight feeling in your breast, I would suggest seeing your plastic surgeon to see if you are forming a capsular contracture.  However, the arm swelling and the nodule suggest that something not related to your breast implants is occurring.  I suggest that you see your primary physician and your plastic surgeon.

Bruce Genter, MD
Abington Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation problems?

+1

Thank you for the question. Based on your description I think you would be in your best interest to be seen by your primary care physician  for evaluation. It may be that your symptoms are not related to the breast implants. Follow-up with your plastic surgeon may be indicated as well but I would start with your primary care/ internist.