LED Red Light at Home Device, How Can I Protect My Eyes While Using This?

There are several at home LED devices that offer "Red" light (as opposed to blue) or a combo of both blue and red light to enhance skin. My question is only for red lights, when moving the device around your face, how safe is it if the red light hits the eyes? I heard blue lights when hitting the eye can cause cataracts, for red lights though would it cause absolutely no harm or side effects? Safety is of paramount concern so I wanted to weigh in on this issue for red lights around eyes, thanks

LED lights and the eyes

+1

All of the LED lights (red, blue yellow) are safe around the eyes.  One should use the eye protectors that come with the machine to be extra careful.  You should keep your eyes closed throughout the treatment.

West Orange Oculoplastic Surgeon