Is there anything I can do to speed up the healing of my Breast Reduction? (photos)

I had my BR on 4/11. I had wound seperation and a second surgery to fix it on 5/9. Today 5/15 I noticed it was open again :( My surgeon is seeing me tomorrow. I have an 8m old and probably did way more than I should have after surgery(my hubby got called out to work 3,000 miles away 2 wks after my 1st surgery, he will back mid June) I haven't picked up baby once since my recent surgery. I've fought tears all day when I saw the new seperation. Is there any advice to speed up healing time?! :(

Wound healing complications

+1
You might want to consider a wound vac. If you surgeon does not have access or experience with a vac you can check with the wound care centers in Louisville at the Norton Hospital system.

Is there anything I can do to speed up the healing of my Breast Reduction?

+1
Sorry for your recurrent wound dehiscence issues. Best now to allow secondary wound closure by healing time of a few months...Nothing really speeds healing up but calories and cleaning area... 

Wound separation after breast reduction

+1
Thank you for your pictures. This really nothing you can do to speed up the recovery other than being compliant with your surgeon's wishes. Since your husband is not around for help because of work you must implore someone else to help you. Good luck.

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Wound separation

+1
Wound separation at the "T" is not that uncommon. Follow closely with your surgeon and local wound car may do the "trick."

Will be Ok

+1
These wound separations are not uncommon, though yours is a bit larger than most after a breast reduction.  It should be no cause for concern.  These wounds invariably heal well.  First is seems that some of the tissue may need to be debrided.  After this, maybe your surgeon could consider using large sutures to bring the skin together, avoiding excessive tension.  If this is not possible, then just allow wound tocontract and grow new skin.  It should be 8-10 weeks.  Just be patient.  I know it is hard now considering your situation but you can shower, put an abx dressing on and go on with life.  Avoid heavy lifting as well but this doesn't mean you can't care lovingly for your child. 

John Michael Thomassen, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon