8 Months Post Revision Rhinoplasty, Polybeak? (photo)

I'm 8 months post revision rhinoplasty. Do you think this is a polybeak or is my nose good so far ? Is it just the swelling or what ?

Be patient!

+1

It is 'good so far'.  There is no evidence on the photo you posted that there is a pollybeak. You have some supratip swelling which at 8 months is normal.  I would recommend giving it plenty of time and return to your surgeon to assess your progress.

Boca Raton Facial Plastic Surgeon

Swelling takes longer to resolve after a revisional operation on the nose.

+1

The fact that this was your second operation on the nose would explain why swelling might be persistent and eight months. I don't see any major problems and I would keep in communication with your plastic surgeon.

You do not have a poly beak

+1

Thank you for the question and the excellent photos.  I do not think you have a polybeak deformity.  There is a little bit too much fullness at the supra-tip area but at 8 weeks this can certainly just be swelling.  I would take comfort in your results thus far and wait for the final result.  If the tip is well supported and you have swelling the results will improve with time.

Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Rhinoplasty and polly beak

+1

I do not think that you have a polly beak.  Your nose looks very nice from the profile.  Good luck and allow the swelling to subside some more.

8 Months Post Revision Rhinoplasty, Polybeak?

+1

Dear Mohammad,

thank you for your question and photos.  You have a slight break before your nasal tip.  This may be swelling or may be your nose, it is hard to tell without a physical exam.  It is, however common to have waxing and waning swelling even this far out from surgery.  This can get worse with vigorous exercise, or increased blood pressure to the face.  This effect dissipates with time.

Best Wishes,

Pablo Prichard, MD

Pablo Prichard, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon