8 Days Post Revision Rhinoplasty...worried? (photo)

I had my revision rhinoplasty 9 months after my 1st one. I'm 8 days post op now. I'm really worried. My nose seems upturned, I feel like there's a dorsal hump although there's not, the bridge of my nose is feminine I guess, and I have yellow bruises. I feel really ugly right now and I'm scared that I might look like girls. What do you think of the pics ? And what should I expect in the coming weeks ? My doctor said I shouldn't worry. Please reply. Thanks so much.

Healing from rhinoplasty

+2

It is not abnormal for the tip of the nose to be turned up following surgery. It will relax to its final position in the weeks following your procedure. Bruises under the eyes are also normally present when osteotomies (fracturing of the nasal bones) are performed. It will take some time to heal, and it is too early to come to any conclusions about your result. In general, the final result may not be evident for 18-24 months following surgery. 70% of the swelling will resolve after the first 3 months, and the remainder goes down over time. It is important to be patient during the healing process. I would recommend discussing any post-operative concerns with your surgeon, as he/she knows the extent of your surgery and exactly what was performed. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck with the remainder of your recovery.  

Revision rhinoplasty post-op

+1

Dear Mohammed,

• These are all very common issues immediately after rhinoplasty or revision rhinoplasty
  • The upturned look will come down as the healing goes on
  • The dorsum will also improve when the skin swelling gets better
  • The final result after a revision rhino may take 12-18 months so patience is key

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani

Nima Shemirani, MD

Male rhinoplasty

+1

At this point your nose is very swollen. The tip may be slightly more elevated because of swelling. Give it time to settle down.  Good luck.

Male Ethnic Rhinoplasty Early Healing

+1

Mohammad, I would not be too worried looking at the photo comparisons you provided. You are quite early in the healing process. Given the nature of revision rhinoplasty, it is going to take 1-2 years for the final results to be seen. This would include changes to the position and shape of your nasal tip. Wishing you the best of luck in the healing process.

John M. Hilinski, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon