10 Months Post Revision Rhinoplasty! Tip Swelling? (photo)

My tip is still swollen ! It's a little bit hard and looks somehow big compared to te bridge of my nose. Is it possible for my nose to shrink 10 months post rhinoplasty. Moreover it feels like one profile is better than the other. Will it get any better ?

10 Months Post Revision Rhinoplasty! Tip Swelling?

+1

I would follow with your surgeon, and I would give the tip a full year or 18 months after a revision rhinoplasty for swelling to resolve.

Revision Rhinoplasty -Tip Swelling 10 months after surgery.

+1

Many thanks for the question and the images.After revision the tip swelling takes longer time than the first time.I think you have thick skin and it may take another 6 months to keep on improving slowly.However if its just a question of fibrosis making your tip big your PS can always help you by injection some Kenalog.His opinion is better that what we can give you on net.Wish you all the best.

Ashok Govila, FRCS, MCh, MS
Dubai Plastic Surgeon

Nose swelling after revision rhinoplasty

+1

Swelling after rhinoplasty is one of the major concerns for patients and surgeons alike.  Each patient case is different.  In some cases, particularily in patients with thicker skin, the nose may take longer to redrape and show nasal tip definition.  Other cases may require an injection of steroid (kenalog), nasal taping, avoidance of salty food.   Speak with your surgeon and see what options are available.

Anil R. Shah, MD
Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon