Should I Just Leave my Nose Stuffy Post-op?

My nose is stuffy and with dried blood 4 days post-op and I can't breathe. What should I do about it? Is it okay to just leave it and clean the outside of the nose when necessary?

Cleaning Nose Post Rhinoplasty

+1

I would recommend leaving the inside of your nose alone, it's best not to bother the area especially within the first week to avoid causing problems during the healing process. If it seems to bother you too much, discuss with your surgeon as he or she may be able to properly clean your nose.

+1

In general, leaving the nose alone within the first week is good advice.  However, your plastic surgeon is always a better person to ask.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Rhinoplasty 4 Days Post Op

+1

You can continue to clean the outside of the nose as needed, but leave the inside alone.  You did not state if you have packing in your nose, so it is best to follow your Plastic Surgeon's instructions for your best result.  Good luck with your healing!

Robert E. Zaworski, MD