I Leave for NV on Wednesday I Will Be 800ft Up. Okay to Get a Little Botox 5 Days Before?

Hi, I had dysport and Botox injected in Novemeber not alot for I was afraid of bruising I was seeing old friend's. I just need a little touch up I go to NV for 3 1/2 months should I be worried about flying or alitutude changes? How soon aftert injections is it okay to fly? Thanks Happy Holidays

Botox at high altitudes

+2

While I feel confident that you will do perfectly fine 5 days after Botox injections traveling to high altitudes, I do not believe anyone has studied the effects of Botox at high altitudes or low pressure situations.  I recommend that my patients do not do any strenuous activity for 24 hours after Botox.  Thus I feel that normal activity can be resumed after this period.

Southport Plastic Surgeon

Botox Injections and Flying: Travel the next day.

+2

Botox injections to the face are very reliable and easy. The most common side effect is bruising which can be lessened with proper technique and topical ice applied before and for 48 hours after injection. Flying after injections in a pressure controlled cabin should not pose a problem. I always ask my patients to apply ice to the Botox injection sites every 4 to 6 hours for 5 to 10 minutes. That is really the only down-side to travel shortly after Botox is the inability to ice! I hope this helps. Dr. Trussler 

Andrew P. Trussler, MD

Enjoy the Botox and travel safe

+2

You should be ok to travel and fly after having Botox injections.  In fact, you'll definitely look lifted up after the treatment! Enjoy your holidays!

Anatoli Freiman, MD
Toronto Dermatologist

Air travel after Botox or Dysport injection

+2

Hi Belledajour,

Air travel or flying is OK after Botox or Dypsort treatment for facial wrinkles. The high altitude should not affect your results either. Enjoy your trip! 

Dr. Chaboki

Houtan Chaboki, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

+2

We have patients that fly to Beverly Hills for us to inject Botox, Dysport, Xeomin, Perlane and Radiesse that turn around and fly back home the same day.  Should be no issue, IMHO.  

Flying and 800 Foot Altitude 5 Days after Botox.

+2

Flying to Nevada 5 days after  Botox injections will not be a problem. In fact I have one patient who flies in from Nevada for a day every 3 months for her Botox injections. The altitude of 800 feet is not a concern. There are millions of people who live in The Mile High City of Denver who routinely get Botox injections without leaving town.

Safe to fly after Botox or Dysport injections.

+2

The procedure is minimally invasive, with only occasional small vessel rupture or bruising at the site of injection. There are no established contraindications to flying immediately after Botox or Dysport injections.

Leyda Elizabeth Bowes, MD
Miami Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox and flying

+2

It should be perfectly fine to fly afte having Botox treatment. The altitude change should not be a problem.

You may fly the day after botox or dysport

+2

there is no reason that you can't fly the day after botox or dysport injections. There is always a chance you may bruise when there is any type of injection so keep that in mind when determining your social plans after your treatment. It is best not to fly the day of Botox just in case there can be any altitude pressure changes that might make the medicine diffuse to surrounding areas. This has never been proven, nor has bending over been proven to be a problem in the first four hours after botox injections, but physicians still recommend that to their patients.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Activity after Botox injections

+2

There is no evidence to suggest that any type of activity after your injections will affect your results. I tell my patients they are free to do anything they choose without restriction immediately after their injections. Within 20 to 90 minutes after neurotoxins such as Botox, Dysport and Xeomin are injected, botulinum neurotoxin type A can be detected inside the motor nerve endings. Therefore the muscles and nerve endings take up the Botox, Dysport or Xeomin very quickly before they can spread far from the injection site.

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon