Can I Have a LBL and Arm Lift Done at the Same Time?

Can I have a LBL and arm lift done at the same time? My current weight is 155 lbs. and I was wondering how long I would be under for this surgery approximately.

Simultaneous LBL & Arm Lift

+2

I personally would not perform a lower body lift and brachioplasty at the same setting for a couple of reasons.  First of all, the LBL is a very long operative procedure and adding a brachioplasty would significantly increase the operative and anesthetic times.  Also I feel that you will need to use your arms more for movement after the LBL, which could interfere with healing of the arm lift.

Having a LBL and Arm Lift procedures Performed Together?

+1

The answer really will depend on the patient and his/her medical history.  If you are a healthy patient with no medical issues, most likely the procedures can be performed at the same time.

Do your research, choose a surgeon who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery (not cosmetic surgery) and a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons.  From here, you know you are selecting from qualified surgeons.  You need to meet with the surgeon, see many examples of their work and talk to patients about their experience with the surgeon and the staff.  If there is a way to speak to and meet patients who have undergone a similar procedure, that is usually very useful.

Combined surgery

+1

The short answer to your question is yes, you can have both procedures done at the same time.  However, your PS surgeon will determine your overall health status to see if you are indeed a good candidate for these combined procedures.  Also, depending on the length of surgery and the exact procedures that are performed, you may need an overnight stay.   Best of luck.

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Lower body lift and brachioplasty

+1

A brachioplasty and a lower body lift can be done at the same time if you are healthy.  The lower body lift in most cases takes between 3-5 hours and the arms add another 1.5-2 hrs.  Good luck.

Lower Body and Arm Lift (Brachioplasty) during the same surgery

+1

A lower body lift or circumferential body lift can correct the sagging abdomen, outer thighs and buttocks. It is commonly applied to a patient who has lost weight or part of a mommy make-over. The incision does go all the way around the waistline, but does address multiple areas. A lower body lift can take about 4 hours and I usually keep my patients over night. A lower body lift can be combined with an arm lift or brachioplasty. This will add approximately 2 hours, but in the right patient and it sounds like you are ideal, this should can be combined. I do not like to do legs and arms at the same time because it immobilizes you too much, but the arm lift and body lift are very realistic combination procedures. I hope this helps. Dr. Trussler

Andrew P. Trussler, MD

Lower body lifts and arms lifts are normally done on the same day

+1

Depending on the patient and the surgeon a LBL and Brachialplasty can easily be done on the same day.  Obviously every case is differerent.  If the patient is healthy, then a 2-3 hr lower body lift along with a 0.75-1.5 hr arm lift should be easily tolerated.  Remember that body lifts and arm lifts are not  performed by most surgeons on a regular basis.  Therefore beside making sure your surgeon is a board certified plastic surgeon, make sure they are also an experienced body lift surgeon.

Good luck and thank you for the question.

Sincerely,

Anire Okpaku MD

Anire Okpaku, MD FACS