10 Lb Weight Gain After Lift and Augmentation with 260 Cc Silicone Implants, What is Up?

In December 2011 I had a lift with implants. I went from a saggy C to a big D. It was a little bigger than what I wanted. I am 5'1" and prior to surgery weighed 125lb. I am on strict diet due to Ankylosing spondylosis and eat almost the same thing every day, and control of starches controls my symptoms immensely. Anyway I weighed about a week later at 135 lbs. I am concerned because after 6 months I still have this 10 lbs. I feel too big up top and fat now. My pants fit still, but are tight.

See your doctor

+1
You may want to see your doctor, and not your plastic surgeon. Your weight gain is probably not related to your implants. Best of luck.

Weight changes after breast surgery

+1

You may have some changes to your body that are most likely not related to your implants.  Check with your internist if you're concerned with weight gain in light of not changing your diet and exercise.

Jeffrey E. Schreiber, MD, FACS

Weight gain after breast augmentation with lift

+1

It is normal for patients to gain weight immediately after any surgery.  Due to the fluid given during the surgery, most patients retain fluid and see some degree of weight gain for 1-2 weeks.  However, the weight gain should not persist beyond couple weeks as your body should eliminate the excess fluid after 1-2 weeks.  If you have not changed your diet and activity level since the surgery, you should consult with your primary care doctor.

Sugene Kim, MD, FACS