I have had a Lazer lower Facial and Neck Lift 10 days ago I am still terribly swollen Is there anything I can so to reduce this?
Doctor Answers (9)
Swelling Reduction after facelift & laser
Swelling after facelift and laser
Face lift swelling
- Face lift and laser swelling are the result of the procedure,
- The swelling will subside as you heal,
- There is little you can do - this is a natural process.
- Follow your surgeon's advice but avoid steroid treatments -
- The pills only work temporarily...the injections can loosen your result within months.
You might also like...
Swelling following laser treatment
Not much can be done to hasten the resolution of swelling after a facelift.
Swelling and facelift
Ice and compression garment
Lazer Lift what to expect
I routinely perform Laser Lifts on patients to tone their jaw lines and necks so I feel comfortable sharing with you my experience as to what to expect. I am also one of the training facilities for the Precision Laser Lift for Cynosure who makes this laser.
The procedure is performed with special tumescent anesthesia solution, so this in itself can create some swelling for a few days.
We have our patients remove their bandages after 48 hours and wear a supportive garment for a few weeks only at night.
There can be a little swelling and bruising for up to two weeks but usually by the third day most patients can go back to work with a little make up.
There are a few possibilities.
1. Are you sure you had a "Laser Lift"? Some physicians will use the term but in reality you had some other laser or procedure performed that can lead to more swelling initially but in the end the results maybe similar.
2. Have you followed up with your doctor just to make sure everything is ok? That should be the first step. You want to make sure nothing else is going on such as an infection.
It would be helpful to see some photos of this swelling if you are interested in sending them.
Ran Y. Rubinstein, MD
200 Stony Brook Court, Newburgh, New York
Board Certified Facial Plastic Surgeon
Clinical Professor New York Presbyterian Hospital
National Education Faculty (physician trainer) for:
Allergan (Juvederm, Voluma), Valient (Scultpra, Restylane),
Cynosure (Cellulaze, Precision Laser Lift) & Solta (Fraxel, Thermage)
Lazar facelift 10days ago with considerable swelling
- Lazar facelift is performed with a laser placed in the subcutaneous plane which is used on the deep subcutaneous tissue and on the overlying dermis. I do not use this particular technique myself. I would recommend that you get in contact with your board-certified plastic surgeon to discuss his recommendations regarding postoperative care. In general keeping your head elevated and using cool compresses may help. Best wishes!