Laying on my Sides After Brazilian Butt Lift

I had a BBL 7 days ago and have been laying on my sides..is this ok? I know you are suppose to keep completely off your butt for 3 weeks but am I doing any harm?

+1

Regarding: "..had a BBL 7 days ago and have been laying on my sides..is this ok? I know you are suppose to keep completely off your butt for 3 weeks but am I doing any harm?"

Surgery is all about trade offs; we trade certain risks for certain benefits. Recovery from surgery is not different. Since we want to maximize the flow of oxygen into the grafted areas and prevent compression and shear forces we want to maximize a period of no compression on the grafted buttock areas (2-3 weeks). This means that you have to spend as much time as possible on your tummy and if you have to on your sides. Since most of us graft the sides of the buttocks to increase their fullness I would suggest you spend as little as possible on ALL the grafted areas to maximize fat cell survival in the initial period when blood vessels penetrate the grafts.

Dr. Peter A Aldea