Is It Okay to Laugh Hard While Recovering from Tummy Tuck?

Is It Okay to Laugh Hard While Recovering from Tummy Tuck?Answr:

+3

Yes but not too hard!!! Laughing, coughing and sneezing all can hurt a bit but I have never had anyone do any permanent damage to their result by doing these. I have had patients pop a few sutures while coughing, but not enough to mess up their result...I usually advise my patients just to keep a pillow handy for the first few days after to support their tummy if they feel one of those things coming on!!

Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck and Laughing?

+3

It is nice to hear that you are doing so well that “laughing hard” is  even an option.  If you were my patient I would say laugh as much as you want ( it is much more fun than the alternative).

It is very unlikely that you will do any physical harm while “laughing hard” while recovering from tummy tuck surgery. Unfortunately, however, you may find it to be uncomfortable/painful.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_tummyTuck.htm