Are Latoya Jackson's Lasik Problems Common?

I recently saw Latoya Jackson on Celebrity Apprentice and she was complaining about her eyes being blurry when she woke up. She said it was like she was swimming under water and blamed it on her LASIK eye surgery from a month ago. Is this a common side effect to expect with LASIK and how long does it continue?

Most LASIK patients recover very quickly

+1

No, but I would need to know more details.  Most LASIK patients recover very quickly.

New York Ophthalmologist

Blurry Vision in the Morning after LASIK

+1

It is not unusual to have some temporary and fluctuating blurry vision off and on for the first month after LASIK. This is by no means permanent, and is usually due to either the healing response, or some transient dry eye overnight. If a patient sleeps with a ceiling fan on, we ask them to not use it for the first few weeks after Laser Vision Correction. Temporary dryness, which will completely resolve, is one of the minor "nuisance" issues that may occur after the procedure. all of these types of things resolve in short order.

Anthony J. Kameen, MD
Baltimore Ophthalmologist

Blurry Vision after LASIK

+1

Fluctuating vision after LASIK or any laser vision correction procedure including surface procedures such as LASEK, PRK and ASA are common healing phenomenom one month after surgery.  There are many individuals that have dry eyes before vision correction surgery due to allergies, infections of the eyelid, inadequate eyelid hygiene, systemic diseases such as arthritis, or Sjogren's disease or oral medications. These causes of dryness will persist or possibly worsen for a period of time after LASIK. Usually, dryness improves over time after laser vision correction back to its baseline levels, although it can be frustarting while dryness is present.

Sandy Feldman, MD
San Diego Ophthalmologist

LASIK LASEK blurry vision postop

+1

It's hard to say what her problem is besides wanting to be on celebrity apprentice To achieve your best vision after the LASIK I had myself or the more advanced noncutting LASEK I now specialize in it's important to maximize your hydration status to promote healing This means drinking lots of water taking preservative free artificial tears frequently and avoiding alcohol and caffeine until you're seeing as well as you were before in glasses or contacts I'm not sure which of these factors applies to her  Emil Chynn MD FACS 

Emil Chynn, MD
New York Ophthalmologist