Latisse is Not Working? (photo)

I started using Latisse 2 1/2 years ago. When I first started my lashes grew in longer (not great but I did notice a difference). A year later I had to stop for about 4 months (couldn't afford it)! I lost my lashes... they were shorter and finer than before! After 4 months I started again.... but after almost a year there is still very little growth! I'm frustrated at spending so much money with little to no result! Any suggestions or reasoning behind this?

Latisse not working

+1

Thank you for your question. It is hard to tell the results without a before picture. Your lashes appear to be full and long from the picture you posted. Because of the results you get while using Latisse it can seem your lashes are all falling out and getting much thinner than before you started however that should not be the case. Your lashes will go back to their original length and thickness. Make sure you are using proper application and following all the instructions for best results. It can take a month or so of consistent use to see results.

-Best wishes

Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Latisse not working

+1

Have you considered other reasons for eyelash loss? You should have an ophthalmologist look at your eyes to see if you have other conditions that can cause eyelash loss. 

Kayvan Keyhani, MD
New York Ophthalmologist

Latisse and Cessation of Growth

+1

Latisse should make the lashes appear longer and thicker by increasing the growth phase of lashes.  Ultimately, there will be an individual limit to these elements.

Latisse Not Working?

+1

Thank you for your question and photo.

From the photo, it looks like you have nice full lashes.  It may be difficult for you to see the difference... did you take before and after photos?

Latisse isn't working

+1

I don't know what exactly to say because quite honestly your lashes look very dark and full. As we age the ability for our eyelashes to grow goes down, so I'm unsure how old you are, but you may have reached a point where biologically they just aren't able to grow as long anyway, regardless of using Latisse. In this case, usually the darkness and thickness is more noticeable, but the length factor is a bit slower going.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD