Can Latisse Work on a SMALL Bald Spot on a Man's Hairline.

Some gray subs ther now.

Latisse for bald spot on head

+1

We have heard from an Allergan representative that there are studies being done for the use of Latisse or Latisse-like product for hair loss on the scalp.  Although off-label, many female patients have been using the product on the eyebrow area with reported success.  Unfortunately, the amount required to cover a large surface area may make this a costly treatment at the present time.

Web reference: http://www.celibre.com/latisse-eye-lash-enhancement-overview.aspx

Latisse for loss of hair on the head - maybe

+1

It is my understanding that Allergan is in clinical trials for this very thing. We won't know until those are completed if Latisse will be a new cure for poor hair growth. It won't resurrect dead hair follicles, so any improvement would be seen on the hairs that actually are viably capable of growing. If you are not opposed to doing your own testing, you could try it. If it works, let us all know!!

La Jolla Ophthalmologist

Latisse: Better for lashes than scalp

+1

Latisse, a prostaglandin promoter, is not likely to have a durable effect on scalp hair because scalp hair cycles are generally more hormone-sensitive, while eyelash hair cycles are prostaglandin-sensitive.

Before advising you on a treatment, I suggest a consultation with a dermatologist for a thorough history and physical exam to first determine the exact type of hair loss. If your “small bald spot” is round and developed rapidly, this may be due to an autoimmune form of hair loss called alopecia areata; the best treatment would then be a steroid injection. If your patch is symmetric on both sides of your temporal hairline, and developed gradually, this is more likely to be hormone-mediated hair loss; the best treatments are rogaine and propecia. If your patch has significant thinning and is stable in size, you should also consider Neograft to directly replace lost hair follicles with new hairs.

I believe stem-cell research along with the development of new technologies will bring exciting opportunities for hair restoration in the next few years. Good luck!

Bellevue Dermatologic Surgeon

Latisse for bald spots

+1

It is only approved for use along the lash line but I have heard anecdotally that it does work.  Depending on the area of the bald spot it may be cost prohibitive to use it for this purpose.

Orlando Oculoplastic Surgeon

Does Latisse work for a bald spot?

+1

The growth of hair and lashes is actually quite different and so there is no way to guarantee that it will regrow hair.  Latisse is thought to work not by stimulating lash growth per se but actually by lengthening the duration that lashes spend in the growth phase.  If there is little follicular activity around the bald spot, then it is doubtful that it would be of benefit.

That being said, it wouldn't hurt to try!

I hope that helps.

Web reference: http://www.beautybybuford.com/services/face/

Denver Plastic Surgeon

Latisse for your Hairline

+1

Where there is a possibility, there is hope. I have seen Latisse work for eyebrows so why not for the scalp hairline. Studies have not yet been published, to my knowledge, to prove or disprove its use in this location. So why not give it a try?

Web reference: http://www.dorsetstreetdermatology.com/cosmetic-dermatology/latisse/

South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Options for small bald spot

+1

If you still have follicles there may be some hope.  The makers of Revitalash (prostaglandin analog, similar to Latisse) have a hair product called Revitalash Hair.  I can vouch for it - it's working on me!

Santa Barbara Plastic Surgeon

Lattisse and small bald spot

+1

Lattisse is not indicated for this use .Having said this,  I have had patients report that hey have had good results with scalp hair growth also- I have not seen this in person however. Good Luck

Germantown Dermatologist

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.