Will Latisse Work on Permed/tinted Eyelshes?

I perm and tint my eyelashes evey six seeks and was wondering if this would affect the efficacy of latisse. Are getting eyelashes permed/tinted a bad idea to begin with?

Latisse and permed eyelashes

+1

Latisse can be effectively used if you have permed or tinted eyelashes.  Latisse is applied to the base of the lashes to extend the growing time and lengthen lashes.  Make sure you are going to an experienced technician who will not damage your lashes with the perm or tint. 

Toronto Dermatologist

Latisse works on Tinted Lashes

+1

You can use Latisse on any colour lash. You should look at the products that you are using to tint your lashes. Generally the vegan dyes are a better idea, however I cannot comment on the quality of the overall look. As my colleagues have mentioned, you will actually get darker lashes with Latisse, which may negate the need for dying. 

This should all be covered by a doctor during your consultation. At Victoria Park, Latisse consultations are complimentary. I have included a link as we often have Latisse and eyelash extensions for the look today and the long-term results. 

Steven Bernstein, MD
Montreal Dermatologic Surgeon

Tinted Lash

+1

Latisse has been a fantastic addition to our cosmetic toolbox. The product works by changing the growth cycle of the hair at the follicular level. In other words, tinting, or perming your lashes will not alter the products efficacy.

Jeffrey Fromowitz, MD
Boca Raton Dermatologic Surgeon

Latisse for Permed/tinted Eyelshes

+1

Perming or tinting your lashes will not interfere with the proper function of Latisse as long as you follow the directions for latisse usage.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Perming and Tinting Eyelashes when using Latisse.

+1

Latisse will stimulate the growth of any eyelash if used properly and as directed.  Perming or tinting your lashes will not interfere with Latisse.

Hope this helps.

Dr. Grant Stevens

Grant Stevens, MD

Latisse for tinted eyelashes

+1

Latisse works at the level of the hair follicle so perming and tinting the eyelash hairs will not decrease its effect. Latisse works by increasing the amount of time each eyelash hair remains in the growing phase. The application of Latisse has also been scientifically proven to increase the thickness of eyelash hair as well as the darkness of each hair. So perming and tinting should really not be necessary.

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Latisse and permed/tinted eyelashes

+1

Latisse works on lashes of any color so it doesn't matter the color or texture of yours. It will be fine. In general, lashes are like hair - the more you color and overprocess them, the weaker they can become. Latisse isn't a chemical so it doesn't inhibit your eyelashes in this way. If you are younger and you overprocess them, they will have a tendency to grow back decently, but the older you get and the more you perm and tint them, the weaker they will become.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD