Can I Use Latisse Without Continuous Dermatologist Appointments?

I plan to buy my sister Latisse bcuz she's been wanting it but I was wondering if I could buy it sort of over the counter so she would not have to see my doctor at all. Is it possible for me to buy Latisse for someone and that person not having to see any doctor at all? Or does the use of it need to be monitored? I would really like for her just to be able to get it easily herself, maybe online or something, and eliminate the middle man of a doctor completely. Could she get Latisse like that?

Latisse Without Seeing A Physician

+1

Latisse cannot be obtained without a prescription at this time.  So getting it as a gift for someone is difficult. 

Latisse as a Gift

+1

Your sister will need to see a physician to determine if she can use Latisse since it is a prescription drug.  I would suggest buying her a gift certificate in the amount of the Latisse kit and once she is seen in consultation if she's not a candidate then she can use the gift certificate for something else.

Ben Hugo, MD
Virginia Beach Plastic Surgeon

Latisse for the lashes with a prescription

+1

The FDA has restricted the sale of Latisse to those with a prescription.  Since the product is being used around the eyes, it is prudent to follow the recommendations of the FDA. Its not worth cutting corners. Surgery90210

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

How to purchase Latisse

+1

Latisse may be purchased on line from my web store by going to TheWebDermatologist.com or by following the link below. You will need to fill out our medical history form which is on the site and will need to have a form signed by your health care provider who will assume your care and allow my office to function as the consultant. This way we can make sure that Latisse is both safe and appropriate for you.

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Latisse

+1

This is a medication dispensed only by prescription. A consult is manditory to discuss the pros and cons, potential complications, expectations.

In my office you will need to be seen by me before we prescribe Latisse

Latisse and doctor appointments

+1

In my office we don't require an office visit with me to purchase Latisse. It does happen that most people will be coming in for a visit when they buy an additional kit or two, but it's not required. However, dispensing will depend upon each physician's office's policies as well as each state's requirements for prescription dispensing.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD