Can I Use Latisse on my Eyebrows to Make Them Grow Thicker?

Eyebrow Latisse

+1

The use of Latisse on the eyebrows is off-label and has not been peer-reviewed on clinical testing.  I would wait until these studies are out before using it in the area. 

Eyebrows have grown thicker with Latisse

+1

The effects of Latisse on eyelashes are fantastic with patients noting a significant increase in the length and fullness of their lashes.  Since it works so well on the lashes, several patients have applied it to the eyebrow area as well, even though its FDA approval is for eyelashes only.  The report has been of increased fullness of the eyebrows as well, with overall patient satisfaction in this area.

Baltimore Facial Plastic Surgeon

Latisse is great for growing your eyelashes

+1

Latisse has been approved for growing eyelashes only.  FDA has not approve the use of Latisse for the growth of brow hair.

Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Latisse for eyebrows

+1

I have had patients that experimented with applying Latisse to the eyebrow area and had successful results. It is however not FDA approved for the eyebrows so the actual long term side effects are unknown.

Sofia Rubbani, MD, FACS, ASLMS
AACS
NYU School of Medicine

Manhattan Oculoplastic Surgeon

Latisse for Eyebrows

+1

While Latisse is currently FDA approved for use on eyelashes, may patients have also found it to be useful in enhancing eyebrow growth. Latisse has been a wonderful resource for patients who have lost their eyelashes and eyebrows from chemotherapy.

Latisse for eyebrows

+1

Latisse is currently FDA approved ONLY for eyelashes. However, the mechanism of action of the product suggests that it may be effective for hair growth elsewhere. Some patients have reported good results with Latisse applied to the eyebrows.

Web reference: http://www.drbogue.com

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Latisse for eyebrows

+1

Although Latisse is not FDA approved for growing eyelashes, we have had patients use it for that and they have reported positive effects. Because Latisse has been shown in FDA trials to discolor the skin around the eye, one should know that this might be an unintended side effect of treating the eyebrows because of the direct skin contact.

Yes, you can use this to increase hair growth elsewhere

+1

Latisse is FDA approved for use to increase eyelashes, but there is no doubt that it works elsewhere.  I recommend that my patients take the applicator and apply it to the other areas after application to the area above the eyelashes.  This way you can get the most out of the medication.  Good luck!

Omaha Dermatologist