Can Latisse Thicken Eyebrows After Electrolysis?

I had an electrologist remove a bunch of eyebrow hairs without my consent. It's been 10 months and I'm still left with too thin, assymetrical brows that don't fit my face. Electrologists online say that the follicles she treated are probably dead. Could Latisse make any treated follicles come back to life, or is it possible that I have dormant follicles that Latisse could make hair grow from? And could Latisse make hairs that have grown back baby fine turn back into normal eyebrow hairs?

Latisse after electrolysis won't restore permanently removed hair

+2

The electrologist is correct. Once a hair follicle is destroyed, nothing will bring it back.

However, because Latisse prolongs the growth cycle, the hairs you do have that would typically be in a resting phase will be in a growth phase, you should see some thickened appearance. The brow hairs will also be longer, so you may have to trim them a bit to keep things tidy.

Baby fine hairs will most likely stay that way. If you try Latisse and it makes a difference, please return to this site and let other patients know how it worked for you.

La Jolla Ophthalmologist

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.