Does Latisse stop working after 6 months?

I have been using Latisse consistently for almost eight months. After three months I noticed growth in length. Now, I see no change in the lashes, they actually look shorter. Growth has stopped after consistent use for eight months. Lashes never did get thicker but for a time they were longer. Now, no growth. They look a bit shorter and quite sparse. Any ideas?

Latisse should continue working as long as you're applying it.

+1
Latisse should continue working as long as you're applying it. Make sure you are using it as directed. If it still isn't working consider checking the expiry date on the bottle.

How long does Latisse work?

+1
Thank you for your question. It is not normal for Latisse to stop working after a certain period of time. The results of Latise will last for as long as you are using the product. You could try going off of it for a few months and restarting it again.

Best Wishes,

Pablo Prichard

Pablo Prichard, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

+1
That is not normal for Latisse to stop working after 6 months. As long as you are applying it, it will continue to help.

Daniel Shapiro, MD

Surprised!

+1
Hmmm, usually Latisse does not exhibit tachyphlyaxis, that is, a period of time after which the drug no longer works. I'm genuinely surprised that bimatoprost is no longer working.

This answer is not intended to give a medical opinion and does not substitute for medical advice. The information presented in this posting is for patients’ education only. As always, I encourage you to see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Bobby Buka, MD

Does Latisse stop working

+1
There are no reports that Latisse should stop working, ever. Each hair will go through its life cycle so there is a chance you had many hairs in the same cycle, so when they all fell out around the same time, now they all need to regrow again (hence they look shorter again). That's not common for cycling to happen this way, but it does happen and would be the only explanation I can think of for your situation. I have people who are on their 20th bottle of Latisse and still loving it and seeing great results.

"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."

F. Victor Rueckl, MD