Is Latisse Safe for Someone Who Has Sjorgren's Syndrome?

I was recently diagnosed with Sjorgen's Syndrome. Can I use Latisse for my thinning lashes without causing additional dryness?

Sjorgren's Syndrome and Latisse

+1

Sjorgren's Syndrome is usually marked with dryness of the eyes and mouth, as well as other complications. With the proper application of Latisse, none should get in the eye and it should have no effect on eye dryness. However, since you already have issues with your eyes, you need to consult your physician to determine his or her stance on your using Latisse. Even though the two should not affect each other, you need to be safe and protect your eyes as much as possible.

Latisse and Sjogren's syndrome

+1

The eye is exposed to a very small amount of Latisse even when it is properly applied as directed to the upper eyelid margin using the supplied applicator. This has been demonstrated by applying a colored dye to the eyelid margin and watching its migration. I agree that to be safe you should not begin using Latisse until your Sjogren's syndrome is well controlled.

Web reference: http://www.dorsetstreetdermatology.com/cosmetic-dermatology/latisse/

South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Eye

+1

You need to ask your personnal doctor but, i doubt that increased dryness will ocur Also, seek an opthamolgical consultation. be sure to use it properly. Get lessons on how to apply

Web reference: http://www.drbray.com

Latisse may irritate Sjogrens.

+1

The major "ingredient" of Latisse is latanoprost.  This is a pro-inflammatory medication. Sjogrens is essentially an autoimmune condition and so it could worsen your dry eyes if the medication gets in your eyes. If you apply it strictly to your upper lashes you should be ok. I would wait on trying it until your Sjogrens is well controlled first. 

Orlando Ophthalmologist