Latisse, Rogaine or Librow for Eyebrows?

I am interested in knowing which of these three products would work best for eyebrows. I know Librow isn't FDA approved and that latisse and rogaine aren't approved for eyebrow hair growth... But if I were to use one of these products which would be best Thank you

Help for Eyebrow hairs

+4

You should see a board-certified aesthetic physician and have evaluation including possible check for thyroid function and iron level. I would stay away from minoxidil or Rogaine for eyebrows given substantial risks of excessive facial hair growths on forehead area. Your best bet is Latisse, though not officially approved by FDA for eyebrows, it may be used as an off-labelled indication and several of my patients have seen clinical improvement.

Bay Area Dermatologic Surgeon

Latisse, Rogaine or Librow for Eyebrow Growth

+4

Latisse is a prescription-only solution that has been scientifically proven to stimulate the growth of eyelashes and many physicians, including myself, have seen good results when applying Latisse to the eyebrows. Rogaine helps to prevent further loss of scalp hair in male pattern baldness but I have not heard of any success using it for eyebrows. If you look at the company's web site for LiBrow it says "LiBrow starts with a rich base of powerful vitamins, minerals, and proteins that were specifically blended to help stimulate and strengthen the coarse eyebrow hair". Does this sound like scientific proof or simply unproven claims? Unfortunately, the FDA has little control over companies making claims such as these. I recommend you go with Latisse.

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Latisse for Eyebrows

+3

Though off label use, many of our patients have seen great results when using Latisse on the Eyebrows.   There has been no study done to compare the 3 ()Latisse, Rogaine or Librow), so I can't say for sure which would be best.  

Good Luck Alexandria!

Dr. Grant Stevens

Grant Stevens, MD

Latisse versus other agents for eyebrows

+2

Latisse has been used off-label by many of our patients for the eyebrows with excellent results. There is no direct comparison study to the other agent, although you may want to do your own little study and use Latisse on one eyebrow, and Minoxidil on the other eyebrow.

Benjamin Barankin, MD
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

"Simulator" for Regrowing Eyebrows

+2

Latisse is the only product FDA approved for use around the eyes. Although not FDA approved for eyebrows (yet), it's the only product with formal clinical studies with FDA approval for eyelash growth. Rogaine is meant to be used on the scalp. LiBrow - a sister product of LiLash - "may" accomplish the same thing, but the active ingredient is not bimatoprost, which is the FDA-approved agent that extends eyelash hair growth cycles.

Latisse works by prolonging the growth cycle of hair, so hairs that would normally have fallen out in a certain time span, stay active...that's why you see the length. The thickness comes from having adjacent hairs active when they'd normally be dormant. Hair cycles include a rest phase, an active phase and a shedding phase.

If you change that cycle you get more hairs present at the same time for a longer period of time.

What none of these products will do is activate a "dead" follicle, so if you never have eyebrow hair, you won't get it from these as the follicles which respond as the ones with some potential to respond.

That said, once the product kicks in, you may find you need to trim individual hairs as each follicle runs on its own schedule.

Nasrin Mani, MD
La Jolla Ophthalmologist

Eyebrow Hair Growth

+2

We have had some patient's use Latisse in an off-label fashion with good success. The other product that is designed for this purpose is RevitaBrow. It is not a FDA-approved medication, but an OTC cosmetic product sold in doctors' offices. We've received great feedback on this product.

Relief Jones, III, MD
San Antonio Ophthalmologist

Using Latisse on eyebrows is off label but has worked for some patients

+1

Using Latisse on eyebrows is off label but has worked for some patients.  Most of my patients find that it takes longer to start working than it does for eyelashes.  Good luck!

Rebecca Fitzgerald, MD
Los Angeles Dermatologist

Latisse, Rogaine or Librow for Eyebrows

+1

Eyebrow growth is considered an off label use of the drug, Latisse.  While FDA studies were not performed for eyebrows, there is some evidence in the ophthalmic literature documenting eyebrow growth with Lumigan, the glaucoma medication which is almost identical in composition to Latisse.  I would make sure that you are followed for documentation of potential side effects such as eyebrow pigmentation.  Try to make sure that you apply to the eyebrow with an applicator and do not let it run down your eyes or face.

Sandy Feldman, MD
San Diego Ophthalmologist