Latisse or Rogaine?

I am born with sparse eyebrows all my life because of genetics. I think I would look way better if I had thicker, darker, and fuller eyebrow hairs. I heard that both rogaine and latisse can stimulate eyebrow hair growth in people who overplucked or waxed their eyebrow. Which one would work better for a person that has had sparse eyebrows all their life?

Latisse vs Rogaine

+1

In my practice we have found Latisse to more effective and easier to use.  It has been great for eyebrow regrowth.  Use the same as for eyelashes and reduce the frequency once you achieve the desired effect.  Good Luck!

Reading Plastic Surgeon

Latisse or Rogaine for Eyebrows

+1

Neither of these products is approved for eyebrow growth.  Latisse has anecdotal reports of eyebrow growth. 

Eyebrows

+1

Latisse is presently only FDA approved for upper eyelid lash growth.

It is clear however that it is beneficial in stimulating eyebrow hair growth. Such is an off label use.

The  other alternative is brow hair transplantation surgery.

Rand Rodgers, MD
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Off Label Use of Latisse

+1
The FDA approved Latisse for temporary eyebrow lengthening based on its safety and efficacy data.  Anecdotally, physicians have also learned that it can be effective in the eyebrow region for excessively thin eyebrows.  If doctors believe that a treatment is safe and effective outside of its approved indication, they are legally allowed to use it to improve the health of their patients.  Legally, they are not allowed to advertise this use.  This is how Latisse use on the eyebrows has developed.   Other more permanent options include eyebrow hair transplantation.

Robert F. Centeno, MD, FACS
Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Eyebrows

+1

I routinely suggest Latisse for eyebrow enhancement and it works well. It is approved for use on lashes so it is safe.

David A. Bray, Sr., MD

Latisse for Eyebrows?

+1

Hi DDD.  Although Latisse is not FDA approved for the eyebrows, we have had many patients use it for that area and they are reporting good results.  They are using it in a very similar way to how it's used on the lashes.  Good luck.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

Latisse or Rogaine for the eyebrows

+1

Candidly, neither are approved for use on the eyebrows. However, Allergan is currently in the midst of an FDA approval process to get Latisse approved for the eyebrows. I have several patients with truly amazing eyebrow changes after a few months of applying Latisse there. Remember, that in order to get hair to grow, no matter where, you have to have an active follicle there. If you've overplucked or overwaxed and damaged the follicles, they won't be able to grow hair no matter what product you use.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD