Are Monthly Doctor Visits Required for Latisse Refills?

If I want to get Latisse refills, do I have to see my doctor on a regular basis (like every month), or can I get a year's supply or prescription, like birth control?

Recommend every three months

+3

I am not sure how Latisse will pan out. I would recommend seeing your physician every three months in the beginning. As a physician there are a few mediations I will write for a year's supply ( Propecia comes to mind) and there are others I will gladly fill over the phone ( Retinoids, Benzoyl Peroxides). I suspect Latisse will eventually fall into this category for many of us, but at this time, with a new medication, my recommendation would be every three months. In our field of dermatology there is always ( I should say nearly always...one of the first things you learn in medical school is that there is never a never and even less frequently an always!) some skin concern. That is why so many of us run behind.

Virginia Beach Dermatologist

Refills are required... check with your physician if it can be written for at your first visit.

+3

Latisse is the only FDA approved drug formulated for the strict cosmetic purpose of treating HYPOTRICHOSIS, which is the term used to describe inadequate or sparse eyelashes. A prescription must be obtained from a physician.

Depending upon what state you reside, the product may be dispensed at your prescribing physician’s office and/or at a certified pharmacy. Maximum results are not appreciated until 16 weeks. Once your peak clinical result is obtained, a maintenance dose is suggested or else the eyelashes will slowly revert back to their original form.

Therefore, refills are required and will vary state to state whether it may be written for at the time of your initial evaluation. If you experience any untoward side effects or adverse reactions, you must immediately report back to your prescribing physician.

I hope find this information useful.

Englewood Plastic Surgeon

Latisse prescriptions

+3

Latisse is a new medication. While FDA trials have been done, we don't have data from widespread clinical use.

Therefore when Latisse shipments come in at the end of the month we will dispense this product only from our office to existing patients, and will monitor them in the process for development of problems.

There may come a time when Latisse can be prescribed for long periods of time without significant worry once the safety profile has been established.

As Latisse is new to all of us, follow up with your physician is important.

+2

Given that Latisse is a new product just recently approved by the FDA for eyelash growth, it is important that patients follow up with their physican on a regular basis.  It seems reasonable to do this initially after 2-3 months and the proceed as indicated.

Latisse Refills

+2

Latisse is a prescription medication, requiring an initial evaluation by a licensed physician. All healthy patients will receive a prescription for a one month supply with 3 refills. If any patient experiences any side effects, they must stop using the medication and be reevaluated before their prescription can be renewed.

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Latisse renewals

+2

Depending on your state regulations, renewals can be provided on the initial prescription for varying amounts of time.

This includes refills for a year in many intances or placing a limit on the number, for example  3 refills.

Check with your local pharmacy.

To Receive Latisse

+1

Each Doctor has their own criteria. In our office each time you need a prescription for Latisse our Dr. would like to see you so he can answer any questions or concerns you may have and to be able to evaluate your progress.

"Dr.D"

Fayetteville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Are monthly doctor visits required for Latisse Refills?

+1

Typically, you can get a 6 month or year supply of Latisse without seeing your physician on a regular basis.

Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Getting Latisse Refills On Line

+1

Latisse can be purchased on line from any state in the US with free shipping by going to TheWebDermatologist.com or by following the link below and filling out a short medical history form. It is an extremely safe medication to use. Over two million prescriptions for Latisse have now been filled with no confirmed reports of iris pigmentation issues. Less than 4 percent of people experienced redness, irritation and itching of the upper eyelid which was reversible upon discontinuation. You can also take advantage of a special promotional offer currently being offered by Allergan, the makers of Latisse, to get a second bottle of Latisse free by sending them your paid receipt along with a short form that you can download from their web site.

Web reference: http://www.dorsetstreetdermatology.com/cosmetic-dermatology/latisse/

South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Latisse follow up

+1

It would be a good idea to get re-evaluation by the physician who has prescribed or dispensed Latisse to assess efficacy and possible side effects such as irritation. You may be counseled to taper the frequency of Latisse application (but not stop cold turkey) if the thickness, darkness, and volume of eyelashes have grown to your satisfaction.

Web reference: http://www.drwilliamting.com/Latisse_for_Eyelashes.html

Bay Area Dermatologic Surgeon

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.