Could Latisse Prevent/delay Balding?

I am a 33 year old male with thinning hair. My wife had success with Latisse to grow thicker eyelashes. Could it work the same for my thinning hair?

Latisse is not shown to produce hair growth in the brow or scalp

+1

Unfortunately Latisse has not produced results in scalp hair growth.  This has been evident in clinical trials as well as in my own patients' experiences.  I would not put the resources into this modality for the scalp.  It does an incredible job with lash growth as you have suggested.

Lashes tend to grow longer, darker and fuller with a very reliable outcome expected when Latisse is used as directed.

There are several very successful medications that can be orally or topically administered.  A key is early intervention.  Speak with a qualified board certified physician about your options.

Dr. Hobgood

Phoenix Facial Plastic Surgeon

Latisse for the Balding Scalp

+1

Latisse is a prescription-only medication and is the only solution that has been proven to stimulate the growth of eyelashes. It is currently the only FDA approved treatment for growing eyelashes. Many of my patients have successfully used Latisse to enhance the growth of their eyebrows as well. Unfortunately, thus far it has not been shown to be effective for regrowing scalp hair!

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Latisse is not known to work in the scalp.

+1

Right now Latisse is not known to work in the scalp.  It may, but preliinary research in the growth of balding crowns show that it does not help.

Daniel I. Wasserman, MD
Naples Dermatologic Surgeon