Can Any Type of Doctor Prescribe Latisse?

Can I get Latisse from my family doctor, or do I have to go to a doctor with a certain specialty?

Latisse prescription

+3

The short answer is yes, however I would recommend that you have a consultation with a board certified surgeon who is familiar with Latisse. Latisse is not recommended in patients with eye pressure problems without close observation by your physician. You can visit the Latisse web site to locate a board certified doctor in your area.

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

All physicians can prescribe Latisse

+2

Any physician can prescribe Latisse; however, not all physicians will be familiar with its indications, use and contraindications. You should try and seek a board certified plastic surgeon, dermatologist or oculoplastic surgoen/ophthalmologist. You can also go to latisse.com to find a provider near you.

Sanjay Grover, MD

Latisse prescription

+1
Any doctor can prescribe Latisse, however you would need a physical examination and review of your medical history before you obtain the prescription. This is to ensure the product is safe for you. Therefore, you may want to go to a doctor who is knowledgeable of the product.

Jerome Edelstein, MD

Latisse Prescription

+1

Yes any Dr. can prescribe Latisse. However Latisse has only been FDA approved for the past 2 years hence it is recommended that you seek a consultation from a Dr. who is Board certified and understands and is able to properly explain with confidence how the product works.

"Dr.D"

Edward E. Dickerson, IV, MD
Fayetteville Facial Plastic Surgeon

License to prescribe Latisse

+1

Yes, but I would go to an ophthalmologist, since Latisse is just rebranded Lumigan, which is a glaucoma drop, that's side-effect is lash growth, so eye MDs have a DECADE of experience with Lumigan, whereas every other type of MD (like a dermatologist) will only have TWO years experience with Latisse (since it only got approved by FDA 2 years ago)

Emil Chynn, MD
New York Ophthalmologist

Latisse can be purchased on line

+1

Latisse can be purchased from any state in the US with free shipping by going to TheWebDermatologist.com or by following the link below and filling out a short medical history form. It is an extremely safe medication to use. Over two million prescriptions for Latisse have now been filled with no confirmed reports of iris pigmentation issues. Less than 4 percent of people experienced redness, irritation and itching of the upper eyelid which was reversible upon discontinuation.

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Doctors who provided Latisse

+1

Latisse can be obtained from any licensed physician.  However, I recommend one obtain the medication from a physician with experience in cosmetic surgery.  A board certified plastic surgeon can likely recommend additional procedures to further enhance one's overall appearance. 

Kelly Gallego, MD, FACS
Yuba City Plastic Surgeon

Any type of physician can write latisse presciptions

+1

Latisse prescriptions can be provided by any doctor. We offer a free prescription during a free, private consultation.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Any Type of Doctor Can Prescribe Latisse

+1

Any Md can prescribe Latisse. You will find a good and broad range....from Ophthalmologists (Eye Doctors) to Plastic Surgeons, Dermatologists and onwards. As long as the MD you go to has experience with the product then you should be fine.

Anthony J. Kameen, MD
Baltimore Ophthalmologist

Latisse can be prescribed or purchased from any M.D.

+1

Latisse can be purchased from any M.D. You do not need to have eye tests done so there is no need to see an Ophthalmologist, unless you are concerned you might have glaucoma or begin to have any unusual side effects, which is extremely rare.  I have dispensed over 3000 Latisse/Lumigan bottles and have never seen any side effects other an occasional irritation, and that has been reported by less than 1% of my patients.

Lorrie Klein, MD
Laguna Niguel Dermatologic Surgeon