Can I Keep Using Latisse if I Get Pregnant?

I´ve been using Latisse for three weeks now and I'm really happy with it. I'm planning to get pregnant next year, what I wanted to know is if I can use it when I get pregnant or if I should stop using it some months before. Is there any other lash enhancer that I can use during pregnancy? I hope you can answer my question, thanksssss

I would not recommend Latisse in pregnancy

+2

Latisse is category C.  Thus I do not feel that the risks outweigh the benefits for pregnancy.  You can restart it once done breastfeeding. 

Arlington Ophthalmologist

Latisse Cat C in pregnancy

+2

Latisse is a category C drug, meaning its benefits for use must outweigh the possible risks. I would not recommend using it while pregnant.

George T. Boris, MD, FRCS, FACS

+1

Studies have not been done to show the safety of Latisse during pregnancy and as it is a cosmetic medication I would not recommend using it during pregnancy and breastfeeding.

Daniel Shapiro, MD

Latisse Use During Pregnancy?

+1

It is not recommended that you use Latisse (or other similar products) while pregnant. No studies have been performed to prove or disprove the safety but it's better to be safe than sorry.

Pregnancy

+1

No company would recommend any cosmetic product during pregnancy.  It seems unlikely that Latisse would cause harm but, no studies have been done 

David A. Bray, Sr., MD

Safety of Latisse during pregnancy

+1

All medications like Latisse as well as treatments that are used for cosmetic purposes should be discontinued during pregnancy. There are no studies to show it is safe, nor are there ever likely to be such studies done.

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Latisse and pregnancy

+1

Latisse is not recommended for use during pregnancy. While there are no direct studies to support its use or non-use, we never recommend doing or taking anything that you simply don't have to during pregnancy. Since Latisse is for cosmetic purposes, don't use it. No one will ever test Latisse on pregnant women simply because we'd never want to harm you or the developing fetus.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD