Skip Latisse for a Month?

Now that I have the lashes I want, can I taper down my Latisse use? I've been using latisse for 3 months. I love it!! My lashes look great! They are longer and thicker! Can I stop using it for awhile? Use every other day? Or skip a month now since I have the results I want? Or do I need to keep using daily? Thanks!

Latisse is recommended to be used daily

+2

Latisse is recommended to be used daily. However, once the product is used daily, a lot of patients have cut it back to every other day. Usually, you need to use it at least a few times a week. You can’t really skip a whole month because the thickness and darkness of your lashes will go away. But, a lot of patients do start to cut back even though it is recommended to use it daily.

New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Taper your Latisse use once Your Lashes are as Long as you want them

+2
Once your lashes reached their desired length you can taper the use to every Other day or twice a week. That would keep many follicles in the growth phase and preserve your results.

Twice a Week

+2

We have been recommending our patients use Latisse twice a week once they have seen the results they seek. Patients who do so seem to maintain their ideal growth. 
    I have not seen any studies backing this up. For obvious reasons, I doubt whether Allergan would want to pay for such a study.

Arnold R. Oppenheim, MD
Virginia Beach Dermatologist

Instructions For Long-Term Use of Latisse

+1

Typically, within four months of application, Latisse can increase the length, thickness, and darkness of eyelashes and improve all the traits that are associated with greater prominence and overall attractiveness of the eyelashes. After three or four months, Latisse can be used much less frequently to maintain longer, thicker lashes. I recommend to my patients that they continue application of Latisse twice weekly for as many years as they wish to continue to have longer eyelashes.

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Maintaining your Lashes with Latisse

+1

Once you've used Latisse for 3-4 months and have the fabulous new lashes you've been waiting for you should be fine using it less often.  Most of our patients have found that every other night or even every third (2-3 times per week)  in some cases seems adequate. If you stop using the product completely your lashes will go back to their normal, former state.

Enjoy your lashes~

Dr. Grant Stevens            

Grant Stevens, MD

Frequency of Latisse Use

+1

Latisse is recommended for daily use along the upper eyelash line....usually applied just before bedtime is preferred. I recommend using it every day for the first 12-16 weeks, then, once the desired eyelash effect is achieved, I recommend dropping back to 2-3 times per week indefinitely. If you stop the product completely, your eyelashes will revert to their original length, thickness and darkness within 6 weeks, so I prefer the maintenance dose that I describe above.

Anthony J. Kameen, MD
Baltimore Ophthalmologist

Latisse maintenance

+1

It is recommended that Latisse be used once a day for four months. Following this, patients can taper the medication.  The maintenance dose varies from one individual to another. Most patients continue to have adequate lash growth with use of Latisse three times a week.

Adam J. Cohen, MD
Skokie Oculoplastic Surgeon

Taper down Latisse use

+1

Follow the doctor's instructions from whom you purchased the Latisse. I recommend after 3 to 4 months of daily use to slowly decrease use at night to 3 times a week than 2 times a week - FOREVER!.

From MIAMI DR. B