What Are the Side Effects of Latisse on Eyebrows?

My eyebrows got very thin after my pregancies and I'd like to try Latisse to bring back their fullness. Can this work? What are the side effects? 

Using Latisse on Eyebrows

+1

Latisse causes the growth of longer, thicker, and darker lashes.  It is approved by the  FDA for use on the upper eyelashes. Theoretically, it could be used on the eyebrows, but it is an "off-label" use.  I have heard of some patients using it with some success. However, the prescription is generally written for use on the upper eyelahes.  I hope this helps.

Las Vegas Ophthalmologist

Using Latisse on the Eyebrows

+1

Many of my patients have successfully used Latisse to enhance the growth of their eyebrows. Side effects from Latisse are quite uncommon. Less than 4 percent of people experienced redness, irritation and itching of the upper eyelid which was reversible upon discontinuation. The irritation can sometimes lead to darkening of the skin on the upper eyelid where the Latisse has been applied.

Web reference: http://www.dorsetstreetdermatology.com/cosmetic-dermatology/latisse/

South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Latisse works on eyebrows but it is "off label" for this indication

+1

My understanding is that Latisse works very well on thin eyebrows due to the same mechanism that it works on eyelashes. The company will not say whether they are involved in studies for this indication, and this use is considered off label. Some patients after application to the eyelid, use the same applicator and brush some Latisse on their eyebrows. There is a chance of darkening pigment of the skin of the eyebrow area, but this shoud be reversible and if carefully applied may be cosmetically enhancing.

Officially, I cannot recommend this use since it is off label, but you should discuss it with your doctor before proceeding.

Denver Ophthalmologist

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.