How About Using Latisse for Postchemo Eyebrows?

I successfully completed chemo for breast cancer over a year and a half ago. All my hair has come back, albeit curly... except for my eyebrows and I miss them terribly. There are missing patches and even what is my natural, genetic line is at least 1/3 to 1/2 less dense. Isn't Latisse more than worth a try? Is there a medical trial I could join?

Off label use

+1
Latisse is only FDA approved for the eyelashes, however there are reports that it can achieve an improvement for brows as well. This would be an off-label use, however.

Latisse to regrow eyebrows following chemotherapy

+1

Although it is an off label use,  Latisse can also cause eyebrows to grow thicker, fuller and longer.  I have had several of my patients use Latisse to help them regrow eyebrows following chemotherapy and most had very good results.  Best wishes.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Latisse for eyebrows post chemo

+1

I have several patients who have had eyebrow loss due to chemo. Each of them have tried Latisse and all have had success in regrowing both eyelashes and eyebrows. I won't promise you that it will work, but I definitely agree it's worth a try. I have not heard of Allergan doing any current studies with chemo patients specifically, and I know they are already in testing phases for the eyebrow portion, but you can always contact them to ask. Latisse normally costs $120/bottle, but some offices do have specials and promos at times, so check around.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD