I've Been Using Latisse for 2 Months, is It Okay That I Switch to IDOL LASH?

I've been using Latisse for about 2 months now, and I read some reviews that after 6-7 months your eyelashes will either look horrible, or they will end up falling all out. Why is that? And, since I am using latisse for 2 months now, is it okay if I switch to IDOL LASH later on in the future?

Latisse does not make your eyelashes fall out

+2

Latisse does not make your eyelashes fall out. I have heard other companies claim this, and I've heard of beauty schools teaching this, both of which are flat out incorrect. The treatment is wonderful and it makes your eyelashes grow thicker, longer, and darker. My staff members have been using it for nearly 3 years and all of them have beautiful, amazing lashes. More than 3 million bottles of Latisse have been sold, and no other product is comparable. Don't switch. There's no comparison.

No subsitutes for Latisse

+2

Latisse is the only FDA-cleared product to promote eyelash growth for thicker, darker, and longer lashes. Everything else is basically makeup despite cleverly worded hype.

Richard Baxter, MD

Latisse...

+2

I have never had an of my patients complain of all their  lashes falling out or looking worse after using Latisse.  On the contrary, they look longe, thicker, and darker if used correctly withing 16 weeks.  Latisse is the only FDA approve eyelash enhancer that has studies to prove its effectiveness.  No, I would not recommend switching to another over the counter product.  This will not improve your chances of getting better lashes.

Good luck.

Dr. Grant Stevens

Grant Stevens, MD

Latisse vs Idol Lash and other OTC Eyelash Enhancers

+2

I have been prescribing Latisse for several years and have never heard about or seen eyelashes looking horrible or falling out due to this medication. Latisse is a prescription-only solution that has been scientifically proven to stimulate the growth of eyelashes. Many studies have been done to prove its effectiveness using unbiased observers. At present, Latisse is the only FDA approved treatment for growing eyelashes. If you look at the web site for Idol Lash it says "Idol Lash uses a series of potent cocktails that include multiple peptides, botanicals, vitamins and minerals -- this makes the whole much greater than the sum of its parts". Does this sound like scientific proof or simply unproven claims? Unfortunately, the FDA has little control over companies making claims such as these.  

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Latisse is a prescription pharmaceutical; Idol Lash is a cosmetic.

+1

Before the FDA approves a pharmaceutical for prescription use, it first has to be proven safe and effective for the intended indication--in this case, growing eyelashes. Idol Lash, on the other hand, is considered a cosmetic specifically because it does NOT have identifiable pharmaceutical (i.e., proven biophysical effect) qualities on treated areas. If it did have real effects, it would be considered a drug regulated by the FDA and available only by prescription--like Latisse.

Or, if you really think there's something to this Idol Lash stuff, I've got some breast enlargement creams I'd be willing to sell you! (Just kidding)

There is a reason you should not believe everything you read online, and a reason that sites such as this exist that carefully verify the credentials of the responding doctors. Even with that, there are differences of opinion on many topics. (But not on Latisse)

Keep using it without fear! Best wishes! Dr. Tholen

Richard H. Tholen, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Latisse vs. Idol Lash

+1

After 2 months of using Latisse, you'll be the best judge of what your lashes look like. Are they longer, thicker, and darker? I have not seen peoples eyelashes "look horrible" or "all fall out". When used correctly, Latisse does an excellent job enhancing eyelash growth with minimal risk of side effects. I have not seen or spoken to any patients who have used Idol Lash and there are no studies comparing the two. If you do give it a try, I would love to hear how it worked for you.

Relief Jones, III, MD
San Antonio Ophthalmologist