Can Latisse or Any Eye-lash Grower Be Used on Lower Eyelashes?

My goal like most I assume is not just voluminous lid hair for it's own sake - it's all about the actual effect thicker, longer and darker lashes have - making the eyes appear noticeably bigger. For this purpose the lower lashes have to be thicker, longer and darker as well. I'm OK with doing my own coloring if necessary but would pay money only for a product that could address the lower lashes by at least thickening them. Any product/procedure suggestions? Thanks in advance

Latisse for lower eyelid lashes

+2

Yes, you can safely use Latisse on your lower eyelashes. Latisse is a prescription-only solution that is the only FDA approved treatment for growing eyelashes. Within two to four months, your eyelashes should become longer, thicker, and darker. 

South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

You can use Latisse on the lower lashes

+2

It is fine to use Latisse on the lower lashes. For most people, the transference of the product from the upper to lower lashes, just by blinking, is enough for growth on the lower lashes to occur. However, if you want longer lower lashes, you can apply the Latisse there separately as well. Generally speaking, the lower lashes do not have the same length ability as the upper lashes, though they can increase substantially.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD

Latisse for Upper Eyelashes

+1

While the product is approved for upper eyelashes, this may work for lower eyelashes.  The product is not approved for lower eyelashes and is not to be applied there.

Latisse is NOT for Lower Eye Lid Use...

+1

Latisse is not intended for the lower eye lashes.  Do not apply Latisse on the lower lids.  It is FDA approved for upper lids only. 

Dr. Grant Stevens    Marina Plastic Surgery Associates     Marina del Rey, CA             The Institute

Grant Stevens, MD

Latisse Not For Lower Eyelashes

+1

Latisse solution is intended for use on the skin of the upper eyelid margins at the base of the eyelashes. Do not apply to the lower lid.

Daniel Shapiro, MD

Latisse for lower lashes

+1

It is recommended by the FDA to only use Latisse on the top lashes and then allow product to transfer to lower lashes while eyes closed.  Typically the transfer of product is enough to provide result without wasting product.

Richard W. Maack, MD
Saint Louis Facial Plastic Surgeon