Are There Any Known Drug Interactions with Latisse?

I have a nightly regimen where I alternate Vitamin C serums--one for face and one for eyes--with a retinol product, and always ending with a moisturizer. Can the Latisse be integrated into this routine or would it be best applied during the morning when I use less or no facial products?

Latisse with other facial and eye creams

+1

The stability of this medication is not known with the ingredients you discuss; however, usually you do not apply these medications in the same location. Thus, use your medications and keep away from the upper eyelid. Following application, use the brush and very carefully apply the Latisse.

San Diego Ophthalmologist

Latisse does NOT interact interact adversely with Facial Skin Care regimens

+1

Latisse does NOT interact adversely with any of the skin care ingredients you mentioned. To work it need only be gently applied to the junction of the upper lashes and the upper lid making sure it does not run into the eyes. A lot of women integrate Latisse into their skin care regimens.

To read a VERY comprehensive review of LATISSE, visit the link below -

Dr. P. Aldea

Latisse

+1

You can use latisse with your skin care products.

Make sure you wait about 5 minutes till every thing is dry then apply Latisse on the lash line using a very fine brush.

No Interactions I Know Of

+1

I do not see a problem with integrating Latisse into your skin care regimen.

By the way, in a number of papers Del Rosso presented at the Alabama Dermatology Society 2009 meeting, it seems that it really does not matter whether the moisturizer was applied before or after the key ingredient. In fact, it seems that there is somewhat better penetration of the key ingredient (be it a retinoid or another ingredient) if the moisturizer is applied first. This obviously makes for better tolerability.

Heartfelt sympathy for the tragedy in Huntsville.

Virginia Beach Dermatologist

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.