Eyes Bluer After Using Latisse

I have been using Latisse for about 70 days. Recently, I have noticed (as have others) that my eyes are much bluer now. I like it but hope they won't keep changing. Have others had this happen and can I trust that they won't change again?

I’ve never heard of anyone’s eyes getting bluer after Latisse

+3

I’ve never heard of anyone’s eyes getting bluer after Latisse, though there have been a few reports of people with hazel eyes noticing them darken. For more information about Latisse, visit my website.

New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Latisse and Eye Color Changes

+2

There is no evidence to suggest that Latisse will change your eye color. The eye is exposed to a very small amount of Latisse even when it is properly applied as directed to the upper eyelid margin using the supplied applicator. This has been demonstrated by applying a colored dye to the eyelid margin and watching its migration. Over two and a half million prescriptions for Latisse have been filled with no confirmed reports of iris pigmentation issues.

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Latisse

+2

First make sure you you are using the Latisse the right way. It should be applied to the lash line only by a fine brush.

Latisse can darken the brown in the eyes.

I am not sure why your eyes are getting bluer. Have your surgeon call the company for explanation, they may have seen this before

Bluer Eyes with Latisse - UNLIKELY

+2

Latisse's father drug was LUMIGAN, a glaucoma medication which was applied TO the eye as eye drops. Although it reduced eyeball pressure, it soon became in much higher demand by growing eye lashes longer (similar to the Rogaine story). Along the way,  blue eyed Lumigan users found out that the drug caused a browning of their eyes.

Since, Latisse is supposed to be applied ONLY to the lash lid - eyelash junction, NOT to the eyeball itself, ANY eye color changes are impossible with the prescribed use.