Will Latisse Darken Eyebrows?

I just ordered Latisse to use on my eyebrows. I am aware that Latisse makes eyelashes darker, will it do that to my eyebrows? That's not something I want, I just want them to grow back and hopefully fuller than before, but I don't want them turning black.

Latisse use for eyebrows

+2

Latisse use for eyebrows is an off-label use, but a logical extension of using it for eyelashes. It will work here as well to thicken and lengthen brows, just like for eyelashes. Now all we need is a scalp applicator!

Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Latisse for Darkening Eyebrows

+2

Yes, Latisse can be used to darken your eyebrows as well as make them longer and thicker.  Although this is an "off label" use for Latisse, I have seen it successfully used for this purpose and appears to be perfectly safe. Give it a try!

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Latisse does work in eyebrows

+2

Latisse is an excellent product for darkening and legthening your lashes.  It is not FDA approved for the eyebrows.  However, it uses the same mechanism in the eyebrows as the eyelashes.  Therefore the results are similar to those in the eyelashes.  The risks are similar, but some are probable less because of the distance from the iris and the brow, the thickness of the skin in the brow, etc.  Good Luck!

Justin Johnsen, MD
Salt Lake City Ophthalmologist

Latisse for brows

+2

Latisse does work on the eyebrows the same way it works on the eyelashes. It makes them longer, thicker and darker.  It can also make brow hair grow where you may not want it.  As long as the hair follicles are there it will work.  I have many patients who use this off-label on their brows. 

Janet M. Neigel, MD
West Orange Oculoplastic Surgeon

Your brows will probably darken, too

+1
Unfortunately, the darkening of your brows will probably occur in the same way as your lashes. If you don't want to have this occur, then it's probably best to not use it on your brows.

Jerome Edelstein, MD

Eyebrow hair growth with Latisse

+1

The use of Latisse for the eyebrows is a logical extension of its proven effectiveness for the eyelashes. While it is not FDA-approved for that application, it is commonly done. The translation of the potential for iris color change with lash application does not cross over to the eyebrow hairs. Latisse has not been shown to affect the color of one's hair, albeit eyelash or eyebrow, to date.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Eyebrow Use of Latisse is Off Label

+1

The use of Latisse in the eyebrows is off label. Latisse does not generally make the eyelashes darker but rather can make the skin of the eyelid darker. While there is no evidence of the effectiveness or side effects for eyebrow use of Latisse, I would assume that darkening of the skin around the eyebrows would be possible but it should not effect your eyebrows.

D.J. Verret, MD
Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon